Return to Cocoyasi

Ges was surrounded by total blackness. She felt as if she were stuck in time, and couldn't move. Her eyes felt like they were being weighed down by ten tons of steel as she attempted to open them.

 Her eyes felt like they were being weighed down by ten tons of steel as she attempted to open them

[Ges] Gagh...what's..happening?

She attempted to open her eyes again, with less resistance this time, but they remained closed. She was able to sense that she was on a bed-like soft surface. But she doesn't recall ever going to bed..

[Ges] Hmph...I gotta get out of here..

She was able to roll off the surface and land on the floor with what little strength she still had. In addition to feeling dirty and having liquids on the floor, it was really cold.

[Ges] Eww...

Ges' eyes immediately opened as a result of the frigid temperature. She noticed it was a hospital room when she had a look around. Why would she be a patient here? She also had a syringe in her arm and was dressed in some sort of nightgown. Panic rising in her chest, Ges grasped the syringe tightly and, with a swift, determined tug, pulled it free. A wave of relief washed over her as she watched the syringe clatter to the floor, but her relief was short-lived. Blood began to trickle from the wound, staining her sleeve crimson.

[Ges] Crap, crap crap...!

Trembling, Ges quickly tore a strip of fabric from her shirt and wrapped it tightly around her arm to staunch the flow. With her heart still pounding in her chest, she stared at the door, looking for a way out.

[Ges] The door...

She kept looking at the door. Blood splatters were on the floor next to it, and a stretcher was blocking it off. Moving the stretcher out of the way, she walked to the door. The long hospital hallway with additional patient dorms was visible when she opened it. However, it was strange because there were no patients or doctors in sight, and the only noise present was the flicker of the lights.

[Ges] Hello? Anyone?

There was silence. Ges would occasionally open the patient doors as she moved down the hallways, but there was no sign of life in any of them. She carried on doing this until she came to a door at the very end of the hallway. Even stranger, it was blocked by a wooden plank with the message "Do not open, dead are inside" written on it. As if there were something on the other side, the door would groan and move.

[Ges] Um...hello..?

The groans ceased as soon as Ges said that.

[Ges] D-Do you need help getting through this door or something?

Then Ges tries to remove the wooden planks that protected the door. Although they were nailed on, the nails were not tight. Moreover, the planks were in front of the door handle rather than through it. That person who put them there was a moron.

[Ges] Oooo I was able to remove them! You're fr-

As soon as Ges opened the door, what she saw was abhorrent. Many people were present, but they weren't your typical group. They were eating human flesh among themselves, their skin was rotting, you could see their muscles and bones, and some of them were missing limbs and their lower half. Ges' eyes widened and she quickly turned around but slipped on a puddle of blood.