10.

ALEJANDRO

"Yes, Auntie. I'm doing quite well. It's nice to meet you again." He greeted Rebecca with a warm smile as she had more interest in directing the staff to get her luggage.

Her son, Andres, was right beside her with his ugly ass face and stupid hairstyle. He was the most American-looking non-American that Alejandro had ever seen even with how beautiful his mother was. The boy was pale with hazel eyes that would have suited him better if he did not religiously keep the Justin Bieber haircut from decades ago.

"Of course, sobrino. Now where is my brother? It's been months." She said, grinning as he kissed her cheek. "And where's Casi and Princess? How are they?"

He just chuckled, taking her handbag from her as he led her inside, completely ignoring Andres who stood beside her. She was one of the first family members to arrive and to his distaste, she chose to stay with them when there was a free estate and more than a handful of safe houses.

"Tomiwa was ill and I think Casi caught it too. My father had to attend to things with Uncle Varo," he said and she nodded.

"Yeah, tell him I'm here— Oh I heard about your little boyfriend. Is he as handsome as he is on his Instagram?" No wonder Varo said she and Tobias had short attention spans.

"Auntie... Pierre is around. You'll see him. He's very handsome," he reassured her with a small laugh.

Everyone had accepted his sexuality so easily but it didn't mean they didn't poke at his choices.

"Hm, I'll be the judge of that." She said with a confident look on her face. "Where is he?"

"He went out, auntie. He'll be back before dinner." His answer didn't impress her as she stared him down (even with the height difference).

"He better not get lost then." Rebecca seemed bored with the topic. "You know Izan did not come to pick me up from the airport? That man is as uptight as they come." She said, pouting as she strolled upstairs, already heading to her room.

It was funny as she was the only person who could talk to his father in that way.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it," Alejandro replied but his aunt just waved it away, taking off her hat and handing it to her son.

"Of course, he did. I'm tired so I'm going to lie down a bit. Andres, don't fight your primo."

Her warning was of no use as Alejandro turned to his cousin who was already glaring at him. "Go fuck yourself, cabròn."

"Jump off a fucking cliff, maricón." Andres retorted and Alejandro grinned before walking away.

At least things had not changed in that aspect.

~~~

He looked at the two bottles of beer in his hands as he stood in front of Casimiro's room.

Granted, he wasn't the best when it came to reconciliation but with his brother being the center of discussion, he would have to try. He did not like having conflict with anyone that was not Andres.

At that moment, he had nothing to do with Pierre and Tomiwa finally out on their shopping spree and Andres choosing to visit the estate, he was bored.

He exhaled and knocked on the door, pressing the cold bottle against his aching neck. He had slept wrongly.

There was no response as he knocked on the door the second time so he pushed it open, peeking before finally stepping in. As expected, Casi's room was spotless save for the discarded blanket on the floor that made it seem like somehow had rushed out of bed in a hurry.