Brink In Decoration Madness

It's been a week since Hamish and Emily invited Brink to help them out. Oh and how helpful she had been. To her, she was doing most of the work. But, you know, everyone chipped in and all that bull crappy crap.

"Brink," From where Brink was sitting, she could see Hamish and Emily getting all cudcuddly and snugsnugly while Brink herself was getting all smugsmugly and buggedbuggedly and...Ahem. "Brink! Geez, it's like you're deaf or something."

Brink turned to whoever it was that wanted her attention. It was Stacey, Emily's friend. Stacey had golden-brown hair with big, dark green eyes. Brink started smiling because she saw the golden-brown flecks in Stacey's eyes. They were like her hair. Matchy-matchy. "Did you want something?" Brink asked.

"Duh! That's why I've been callling you for the past six minutes!" Another thing Brink admired about Stacey was her nice caramel skintone. Stacey suited it perfectly. She had to. She was on the cheerleading team. "Ugh, and there you go again! Pay attention! Gosh..."

"I WAS paying attention. You were just getting angry."

"Oh whatever. Just go to Joey's van and get the balloons." Stacey chucked Brink his car keys and she just stood there. "Well, get going."

"Uhhhhhhh..." Brink looked at the keys in her hand, then she looked back at Stacey. "Who's Joey? And which car is his?"

"Just go get the balloons. His car's the grey and ONLY van in the lot." Brink nodded and left, heading for the parking lot. "Be quick too. We gotta get these balloons up."

As Brink looked around, she managed to find Blaze's car. Hm, speaking of Blaze. He hadn't called her like he said he will. Brink didn't really mind though. She just wanted peace and quiet and wanted to study at home like the loner she is. However, thoughts of Hamish kept popping up. Before she went to sleep, Brink would kiss her pillow, pretending it was Hamish. She wanted to kiss him again so badly. She wanted him to wrap his arms around her wiaist. She wanted to feel his abs against her stomach so much. At that moment, Brink was wishing and hoping Hamish would appear and help her out with the balloons so she would get to admire his magnifique. Oh Hamish, why? Brink was way in over her head. Of course Hamish wouldn't come out, he was helping Emily and getting close to her. Brink stopped wishing for Hamish and continued searching for Joey's (whoever he was) van.

She found a grey van and pressed the button on the car keys given to her. For a second she thought about driving off and leaving everyone and the town. But, she didn't drive away from town. She just drove around in the parking lot. Then, she parked back in his spot and got the balloons out. They were HUGE, but light. So, that was good. Brink took hold of two and walked to the gym. She was glad the gym was right next to the parking lot and that Joey (whoever he was) had parked right by the gym. The first person to approach and help Brink was Stacey. She took the balloons off her hands.

"Why'd it take so long? Did you drive around the lot or something?" Stacey couldn't see it but Brink was nodding her head at the last question.

On her way out of the gym and back to the car, Brink tripped on the floor. No, she didn't fall onto the floor, she just tripped on it. Her face went immediately red and her eyes wandered around the room to see if anyone noticed. The only person she saw trying not to laugh was beautiful Hamish. He held his eye contact with her and she mouthed, 'SHUT UP'. Hamish just made his lips tight and went back to work, amusement clearly in his eyes. Brink turned back outside and smiled at herself, happy knowing that Hamish had noticed her even if only a little. She stopped staring mindlessly at the ground and looked up. Hm, Blaze's car was gone. Brink just shrugged it off. He was just wagging, that's all.

This time, Brink was gonna be brave and use all her strength. She was gonna take four balloon pieces now. Yay. Stacey took them off her when she got to the gym and so it went. Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and on and on until Brink was down to the last one. She took it out and closed the trunk door then locked Joey's car.