Chapter 4

Alex:

She said sorry.

Right now, I, Jordan and Matthew are sitting in the car, too stunned to move or reply. She is standing beside our car, at the side of the road, staring down at the ground and face totally red.

She said sorry to me right now, and I don't know what to do. She didn't appear to be a person who would say "sorry" so easily for their actions, so why was she saying sorry...

"And, I want to clarify that I'm not apologizing to you for anything I said, I am apologizing for the...slap", she said.

My jaw dropped. This explains everything.

I could see what this was all about. She was trying to protect herself. She thought that I would get her arrested for harassing me. But...I wasn't going to do that. I always kept my matters to myself. Though, she didn't know that. She clearly thought of me as the "British-who-thinks-he-is-above-us."

And maybe I did prove it to her.

I sighed. I wasn't going to forgive her, because even though her slapping me was not something worth giving in the hands of the law, but it did hurt my ego. And let me tell you, I'm hardly affected when others say or do something against me, other than my loved ones. But this? This was beyond my imagination.

"Well, I must go now." the woman said. And without waiting for our response, she turned around, shoulders straight, chin up and walked towards the fields. After that, she disappeared.

She had a big ego, even bigger than mine and her walk proved it all.

After she left, an uncomfortable silence settled in the car. This road was already very rarely used by other drivers, so it was always silent. And now the silence in the car and the road was becoming deafening.

To break that silence, I finally said, "Jordan, start the car. It's already getting late."

...

I was sitting in my room at the officers' headquarters. Jordan and Matthew were out for some field experience with their fathers. I wasn't interested in joining the Government and jobs related to it. So I don't think that I'm in need of some "field experience", though, my fate, which is set by my father, is to join the government.

Poetry is what I always wanted to dedicate my life to. Since I was a child, poetry was my getaway. I feel that poetry is like a magic woven together in words, which drowns you in its depth and then leaves a beautiful essence in your life.

I would read poems of famous poets and then try to imitate it. But as I grew up, I realized that poetry is not about imitating someone's work; It is about putting your own feelings into words. I had a great passion for poetry, but only mom and Amelia knew about it.

Amelia Smith is my childhood best friend, who lives in Britain. She is the same age as me and is the only person, other than my mother, who understands me the best. Amelia never liked my "bullying" behaviour. She was always against it. When we were in school, I would often find her consoling my preys. I never stopped her. I was the bully, she was the angel. I was rude, she was soft. She is totally opposite to me, but somehow we were fit for each other. That was how we became best friends when we were only ten.

My mother, Fiona Stewart, was a beautiful woman. She had long blonde hair, which she would always tie in a beautiful braid and bright grey eyes. Her rosy lips were always curved to form a smile. I got most of my features from my father though. I had dark green eyes and brownish-blonde hair, just like my father.

My mother will be visiting India in some weeks. I knew this because we had already planned our visit when we were about to come to India. I await her arrival, because I was feeling very lonely here, even if it's been only three days in total and I had Jordan and Matthew with me.

As I was lying on my bed, I was reminded of the event which happened yesterday. That woman said sorry for slapping me. Was I going to forgive her?

No, I don't really think so.
But, I can't let this pass. I have to do something...maybe I could use some other method to irritate her...

Found it.

Acting friendlier than necessary. Aha... I feel like a detective who has just solved a mystery.

This was not something I usually did, because most of the time, my "prey" would be so scared that he would not even try to do anything against it and let it pass. But this woman? She was something different. With her piercing dark brown eyes which were almost black and mouth which was permanently set in a straight line, she surely possessed an indomitable spirit.

But I know how disgusting it is when a person you hate tries to act all friendly with you. Trust me, I know.

Well...this is going to be tough for me too. I mean, how can you act friendly with a person who has slapped you?

But I will try my best, because I want payback.

Sweet payback.

Sweet revenge.

...

A/N:

Hello! This is a filler chapter, that's why it is really small. I just wanted to thank the people who read this book! I mean 60 reads? Wow (for me, lol)!! Thanks a lot!

Update: Nothing!

VOTE AND COMMENT!

THANKS FOR READING!