Chapter 27

Before I start with the chapter, I wanted to THANK YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH FOR 15K! LIKE SERIOUSLY? WHAT DID i EVEN DO TO GET SUCH LOVELY SUPPORTERS LIKE YOU GUYS?!
THEREFORE, I'VE DECIDED TO SURPRISE YOU WITH A CHAPTER I BET ALL OF YOU WERE WAITING FOT!

HAPPY READING! ♥

Alexander-

I was convinced that this was the safest hiding place. My linen suit was tarnished. Dust piled on the sole of my shoes. It was disgusting yet I knew that my trick would work.

Sitting under King again today felt like I had done it ages ago, but it had only been a couple of weeks.

While I had planned for Jordan to marry Amelia, I had something else planned.

The man I was months ago would definitely not approve of this. But I knew I was not the same man. A certain someone had a great role in changing me.

I imagined her reaction when she would hear what I had to say. Eyes black with anger, mouth in a scowl and body shuddering like she was going to do something bizarre.

A chuckle left my mouth. Did I know her this well that I was even able to contemplate her reaction?

It was dusk. The sun was disappearing at the horizon. The faint twitter of birds could be heard and a faint breeze was flowing. I wasn't expecting her, no. But I hoped she came here.

This tree held a fair amount of memories. And since no one seemed to come here and I know Anvesha loves the quiet, I only prayed that she would come.

And she did. A half hour later, I head the faint sound of footsteps coming near. And then I saw her, looking even beautiful then I last remembered. Draped in a green, probably silk sari, hair tied behind her head and her dusky skin glowing, she looked like a goddess.

Get a grip, Alexander. Stop with those useless comments. I chided to myself.

Her eyes snapped towards and widened as she looked towards me from the book she was holding. She opened and closed her mouth. I smiled to her but an unreadable expression passed her eyes. I wasn't sure what it was, but it passed and all I felt was coldness radiating from her.

"Why, hello. What are you doing here?" She asked me in a tone I only remembered as the one she used when we first met.

I felt perplexed but I let it go. Instead giving her a wide smile. "Hello Anvesha. I was hid-- visiting." I quickly corrected myself as the word hiding almost slipped from my mouth.

But I think she caught it as her eyebrows raised yet she didn't question. "Well, I am going to leave. Good day." She said with no emotion at all as she turned around to leave. Well, that was abrupt.

My eyes widened as I jumped forwards and grabbed her wrist. She turned in a quick emotion and glared at me for touching her. I left her hand and sighed. "I have something important to tell you."

She crossed her arms in front of her and looked away, "I'm sure you have somewhere better to go." She turned her face towards me, her eyes slightly gesturing towards my clothing.

I have her a sheepish smile and shook my head no. "Just please sit. You can leave after I get it out of my chest."

She stared at me, yet again with her guard up. Then she sat down and I followed, making sure to sit a good distance away.

"What is it?" Anvesha said while staring at the hues in the sky and the drowning sun.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I can do this. I will tell her the truth even if she will probably slap me and call it a fantasy. "The day I met you, I considered it the first day of my life. I thought that coming to India was a bad decision, but then our hatred lessened and we became... friends I guess." I paused, searching her face for a reaction. I got nothing other than a nod to continue.