Chapter 16

Note:- I don't own the poem.

Alex:

She walks in beauty, like the night

Of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that's best of dark and bright

Meet in her aspect and her eyes:

Thus mellow'd to that tender light

Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

I walked along a raw road, humming one of the greatest poems of the romantic movement by Lord Byron. I didn't have the slightest idea why I felt so giddy inside. Maybe it was because today's weather happened to be my favourite, clouds and rains.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,

Or softly lightens o'er her face;

Where thoughts serenely sweet express

How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

Or maybe it was because of the highly sweet sugar delights I happened to have just a few hours ago. I'm sure that is the reason. Their sweetness has gone to my head. I could feel my mouth getting watery as I remember the crunchy texture, how they melted inside my mind and how it felt like a thousand sweet arrows have been shot in my mouth...What?

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,

So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,

The smiles that win, the tints that glow,

But tell of days in goodness spent,

A mind at peace with all below,

A heart whose love is innocent.

I don't know why I am avoiding the fact that there is another thing that happened today. Anvesha and I apologized to each other. Politely, might I add. Very shocking, might I also add. And very funny, might I...anyway.

But this feeling, it can't be because of that, can it? No, I am acting completely delusional. I haven't had lunch, just some sugary sweets and that's why I am so hyperactive and feel so happy. Yes, that is exactly the reason.

Wait a minute, was I just singing a "romantic" poem?  What, in the name of God, is wrong with me?!

...

I cleaned my shoes on the foot mat placed just outside my room. I gush of wind swept by and I felt myself shiver. This place was already cold, and now the winters are also coming.

I could hear the voices of Jordon and Matt from inside. They clearly sounded like they were engaged in a heated debate. I knocked the door three times. A second later, the door opened, revealing a flustered Matt. His hair were matted to his head and he appeared red.

"What happened in here?" I asked, with a light humour as a flustered Matt took a seat opposite an angry looking Jordon. Unlacing my shoes, I looked at Jordon.

"Matthew is in no sense to stay here in India", he gritted through his teeth, while looking at me.

Confusion took over the humour. "I don't understand?" I stated, or more like, questioned.

"Everyone is acting like they are deranged." Matthew fell back on his bunk with a thud. The gesture was a bit dramatic to say the least.

"I really don't understand what you both are saying." I said with annoyance.