Chapter 31

Hey my beautiful readers! How are you? How have you been?

I have been sooo busy with school with it being my last term of year 12! So i apologize for not updating recently!! Half of this chapter has been sitting on my laptop for ages and ive been trying to write the rest of it and tonight i was like 'nup! im getting this done for you guys' so voila!

Now! I havnt revised and edited back over it yet so it's probably a bit blah and there is probably some really bad spelling and grammar mistakes so whoops!! 

Attached is Sam's wedding dress which i try to describe towards the end of the chapter (ive always been bad at trying to describe things)! 

Anyway! I hope you enjoy this chapter!! Mwah! xxx -S

The next day was kind of weird...

I woke up early and waited for Whippet to get ready and leave for work. He decided that he would go and tell the guys what we had suddenly decided while I headed into town to grab a few things.

And when I say 'grab a few things' I mean my wedding dress, makeup and someone to do my hair.... Oh lordy

I quickly jumped in the car and began making my way through the outskirts of Sydney, heading into the CBD.

I parked my car and began making my way towards the Myer centre to book my hair and makeup.

"Any special occassion?" She makeup artist asked as she booked in my appointment for 1:00pm

I looked up from my wallet as I pulled out money to pay for a deposit "Im getting married this afternoon"

She looked up at me and smiled "Wow, congratulations'

"Thanks"

"I hope you don't take this the wrong way..but isn't it a bit last minute to be booking your makeup on the day?"

I smiled and laughed a little "The wedding was a little last minute... so im here today to get a dress, makeup and my hair done"

"That's awesome!" She smiled putting the deposit money in the till and handing me my receipt

I laughed and put the receipt in my bag "Ill see you at 1 o'clock!"

"See you then!" She replied giving me a little wave

I made my way out of the Myer centre and made my way down the main street until I came across a decent looking hairdresser. A bell signalled my arrival as I entered. A young lady with short, straight black hair was at the counter and looked up when I entered the store.

"Hi there" She smiled

"Hi, I was um wondering if I could book an appointment today to get my hair done for my wedding?"

"For a trial?" She asked, flipping through her date book

"uhh, no for the actual day" I replied shyly, preparing for the same response from the makeup artist

A wide smile appeared across her face "I certainly can, what time were you thinking?"

"Well, im getting my makeup done down the street at 1...so maybe before that?"

"Alrighty...Well..ive got 11:15 and quartered to 12 available"

"12 is good" I replied smiling

"Perfect!" She chirped writing it down "It should take about an hour, to get it just perfect for your special day. Have you got a dress?"

"Not yet.. Im on my way to get one now and to the florist too I suppose..." I replied, remembering that every bride needs a bouqet.

"Well, theres this really nice bridal store about half a block away. It's called 'The Wedding Aisle', they have the most beautiful gowns I have no doubt you will find your perfect dress there"

I smiled "Thank you so much, I will go there right away"

"You are quite welcome! I will see you at 12 to do your hair! Good luck!"

"See you then! Thank you!" I replied as I began making my back out of the store. Once I was back on the street I began making my way to 'The Wedding Aisle" which, if I can remember correctly, was located about half a block away from the hair dressers.

I entered the quiet store, instantly welcomes by a blonde woman in her late 50's with her hair tied up in a neat bun who was currently placing a veil on a manakin in the front window "Hello there dear"

"Hi" I replied "I was wondering if you would be able to help me find a dress?"

"Of course, dear! That's what im here for! Whens the special day?" She asked as she led me across the room to a large row of beautiful, clean wedding dresses

"Umm...today..."

She looked at me and then smiled "Well then! We better get moving, shouldn't we!"

The first dress I tried on was strapless and had a small train with beautiful detail near the bust. It was somewhat simple but it just didn't feel like...the dress

For the next hour or so I tried on perhaps...6 more dresses that were "almost" or "not quite".

I could tell the woman helping me was getting a little tired but determination shone in her eyes so I knew she wasn't going to give up on me just yet

I was about to turn back around and change out of the 7th dress when she suddenly sat straight. I saw something flash in her eyes and her mind ticking over. She stood up. "I have the perfect dress"

I smiled as butterflies formed in my stomach

"It just came in" She said, her eyes sparkling "Ill go grab it while you get changed.. Ill be right back"

I nodded my head and retreated back into the dressing room. I took off the magnificant gown I was wearing just as she returned with 'the perfect dress'. She handed it to me and I quickly slipped into it. It was soft...gentle fabric.. Nothing like the other dresses I had tried on before.

I stepped out of the dressing room as she helped tie up the back and the ribbon that sat neatly at my back. I lifted my head to look in the mirror and the wedding woman gave a small gasp. And I will admit, my heart skipped a beat as I my eyes met the reflection.

The dress was looked simple but it had the perfect amount of detail... my eyes scanned over it, as I brushed the light fabric with my finger tips

"I knew you didn't like your upper chest being open, because it made you feel vulnerble.. So I thought this would have the perfect amount of coverage."

A beautifully intricate lace design covered the upper part of my chest and followed down to meet with the material. A line of silver and diamond sat beneath my bust, giving it the perfect amount of detail and letting the rest of the dress flow nicely down to the floor with a very minimal trail... perfect for a summer beach wedding

"Its...perfect" I breathed, tears filling my eyes

The woman clasped her hands together "You look beautiful, my darling...Ryan is a lucky man"

I looked up at her through the mirrors reflection, giving her a quizzical look... I don't remember mentioning Whip...especially his first name

She placed her hands on my arms "Your man is very popular with the local tabloids and magazines... so when it was announced he was engaged...Sydney did a secret little happy dance...those boys are not only lifeguards and the 'boys in blue'...their Australias boys..and we are very proud of them"

I smiled as a tear slid down my cheek as she embraced me in a hug.

A few moments later she pulled back, wiping the stray tear from my face as her eye welled up too "Now..come on, lets get this wrapped up and get you to your wedding"