Dreaded Dare - 23

Skye's P.O.V

"Hey Skye, can I ask you something?" I heard a sickly sweet voice ask and I turned to see Ava stood there on her own, her hair in clusters, her lips rouge red and her eyes heavily coated in make up as well as her school skirt rolled up to just below her bum, she is such a slut but I had noticed that she's been changing personality wise.

"If you're going to confront me or be awful I don't give a shit anymore" I told her trying to get away but she grabbed my hand gently and started to pull me towards a class room.

"Just follow me please, this isn't a threat or anything just come before people start talking" Ava told me so I nodded following her down an abandoned hallway and into an empty class room.

"What do you want?" I asked Ava nervously not knowing what she was planning but surprisingly she didn't say anything, she just stood there nervously.

Ava grabbed a brush from her 'Ted Baker' bag and pulled her hair into a messy high ponytail and put her uniform on properly, and then she removed the excess makeup on her so she looked more natural. I then realized that without her makeup, slutty clothes and Barbie doll hair she looked like an average girl and was indeed prettier without the makeup she wore, she looked happier without it as well.

"I'm fed up Skye and even I have to admit, I'm jealous of how you live your life. After all the shit I have given you and the shit your life has handed you, you just get on with life" Ava told me tapping her nails against the desk nervously.

"I realized lately that I'm not being myself, I'm being a completely different person and I want to be myself now. I wear too much makeup, dress like a tart and I don't act myself. I lead people on and my friendship group is non-existent, all the people just pretend to be my friend to know the latest gossip and be popular. The other day I realized the only true friends I have is Vanessa and Ollie, but they both hate me now" Ava told me causing me to gasp, since when was she friends with Ollie?

"I know you're shocked right now but I wasn't always like this. I changed when my dad started being aggressive; he drank too much alcohol and smoked a lot. I hated it but I didn't tell anyone, I let him abuse me until it was enough. He used to call me a slut so I become one and Vanessa only stood by me. I was popular the next day due to my slutty attire and bad attitude and then I just kept being that slutty girl." Ava told me as all her walls broke down and I could see inside her broken soul.

"I did things I wasn't proud of at school but out of school I would break down and be the good girl, Vanessa and Ollie helped me out of school studying and helped me speak about my problems. Ollie knows all about my past as he helps me through it; I still get good grades so the teachers don't question my attitude and attire. But today I have decided enough is enough, I can't let my past effect my future because I don't want to hurt the guy I love anymore." Ava told me, she sure had been through a lot and I felt bad now, I just wanted to hug her.

"Your probably wondering why I'm opening up to you but I wanted you to know my story and know I am so sorry for the shit I have done. I know you probably won't accept my apology but I just want your help to be a normal teenager, help me be good, let people see the good in me" tears were in my eyes now and in Ava's too, as mean as she had a bad past and I understand why she acted like she did at times.

"Today I'm going to be nice; I'm going to be my old self. I made up with Vanessa this morning and she actually forgave me, but I haven't got round to Ollie. Out of school we are always texting, I stopped using boys a year and a bit ago because of Ollie. I still dressed and acted as I did at school but I wouldn't do anything to hurt him. Out of school we would spend lots of time together studying and talking. This may sound odd but we had the best sleepovers" Ava continued crying heavily.