Chapter Ten.

Ty, Wolf and Demon stood in the main room together, each holding a beer as the other two filled Demon in on what happened with Zeke.

"Two more days and I doubt he'd have made it," Ty said.

"Thank God for Becky," Wolf added.

"She hasn't left his side for even a minute since they came back, the doctors said he'll be as good as new in a few week."

Demon finished his drink and tossed it into a nearby garbage can, he hadn't seen Zeke yet but he could imagine how badly he must be hurt. It only made him more angry at Lacy.

"I'm going to just check in on him before I go," Demon said.

"He's in his room," Ty said with a nod in the direction of the room.

Demon walked down the hallway, Zeke's room was next to Ty and just a few rooms down from his. He knocked twice but didn't get an answer and carefully opened the door.

Zeke lay in his bed, asleep. His face and body covered in cuts and bruises, Ty had stripped him of his clothes and tucked him under the blankets. Becky lay beside him, her clothes were on and she was hanging on the edge of the bed to allow ample space between them. She had no blankets and was curled into a tight ball for warmth.

He was preparing to leave when Zeke opened his eyes and spoke, his voice was strained.

"Hey."

"Hey," demon said.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out looking for Lacy?"

"I wanted to check in on you, but I see you're in very capable hands?"

Zeke looked confused until Demon pointed to where Becky lay. Zeke looked at her then shook his head.

"Shit, how long has she been there?"

"From what I heard all night."

Zeke reached to grab a blanket from the bottom of the bed and covered her small frame with it. She sighed contentedly but didn't wake up and he turned back to Demon.

"How are things with Lacy?"

"Not good."

"I know Wolf put you in a hard place, I don't blame you for what happened to me."

"I appreciate that," Demon said honestly.

"But if that bitch or any of Kings men come after Becky or Ty I'll kill her myself."

Demon knew Zeke well enough to know he wasn't making idle threats and that he meant every word. He also respected him enough to accept it. If Lacy went after the people he loved, Zeke would be a force to be reckoned with.

"I'm going to go see if I can track her down, I just wanted to see how you're doing first."

"I feel like shit, but I'm fine."

"She worked her ass off to get you out, maybe you should thank her." Wolf said.

"That stunt she pulled was suicide, all those sex starved convicts and she waltzes in like she owns the place."

"You need to give her more credit. She's not some stupid teenager."

"She was once, and that image sticks with me."

"Well it shouldnt, she more than proved herself and her loyalty to you."

"She's just a stupid kid, deep down."

Demon shook his head, Zeke always been a cold and sometimes cruel man, especially where Becky was concerned. Sometimes Demon wondered where that hatred came from, Ty worshipped Becky but Zeke barely tolerated her.