Part 10

Ruthless Obsession

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

Lathika was now walking on the road and  tried to figure out any similar face  frm the crowd as she didnt know the route for the hotel where Nivaan had organised  the treat...

Lathikas  view was  getting blurred as she couldnt focus on far objects vthout her specs..
As her only pair of specs were broken the previous night..,  she is now helpless..

She then  thought of calling jayanth sir and ask  him  abt their whereabouts so that she can reach them... bt her basic phn had got vth minimum charging and eventually swited off when lathika tried dialing the no.
.........

" this has to happen to me... i think iam nt that lucky enough to have such delicious meal.... "
........thought lathika and  started heading on the other street to reach her home..

..........

Nivaan was still sitting on her chair facing her desk and admiring that cute little smiley ball in his hands..

He then  took that envelope in his hands and opned it.., to find a  small four folded paper note in it...

Vthout wasting any further.., he opned the letter and positioned it in his hands to read...
..................

"Too often we underestimate the power of a smile,  a touch,  a kind word, a listening ear,  a honest compliment  and the care which our own set of people show us...

Lucky are those who  are blessed vth  such people...

Only a simple smile on our face can make   their day....  

I wish u celebrate  such  countless birthdays and enjoy the feeling of being wanted by your  set of people. "

          From ur well wisher,
                Lathika Menon :)

...............

Nivaan  had this small smile forming on his lips when he  finished the note.

Till date he never got such simple yet sensible present....

For him presents only mean  huge bouquets of  differnt kinds  and costly watches,  champagnes, brandnew cars and what not...  He has seen all such lavish presents...

But the small note in his hand now was beyond all those petty gifts and he  really fet gud abt someone actually  used their time to write for him...  He was literally mesmerised by Lathikas gifting sense that he wanted to see her then itself...

..............

Nivaan then kept the envelope in his pocket and placed that smiley ball in his car at the front part...,and started to leave for the hotel where he wished to see Lathika there.

During the drive he was thinking of how insecure she  must have felt in gifting him that envelope seeing all the costly presents around her...

But the truth is  :   For Nivaan, everything had faded away infront her little effort which had made just for him...

............

   At the hotel...., Nivaan  was  again wished by all his employees bt his eyes surely searched for lathika  menon.., who is no where present around there...

He had his first group lunch vth all his employees
and  meanwhile jayanth said him that lathika had nt yet reached the place and after dialing her land no. he found that she had got some urgent work at home and so she couldnt make out....

...........

Nivaan didnt made his expressions change and listened silently....    everyone  enjoyed the delicious food there and before leaving the place  they  all went to him whoz busy on his phn and said..,

" sir...,  thanku soo much for spending your tym vth us  and in return we all  planned some surprise for you  vth the help of pratrap sinha sir...

We have organised a night party at the ' Bruno club' this night...   please accept it and  we invite you heartily for the party sir..."

......all the employees said in a chorus that Nivaan was  taken aback for a second and finally accepted...
......

In the crowd.., one of the employee asked Nivaan to   set any theme colur for the party..

......

Nivaan showed his smirking Irish eyes  a second and said...,
" Black...  thats my fav. "

...........

Everyone were happy   dreaming how the party would be as  Mr. Prataap sinha was himself planning the party just lyk those lavish ones in foreign states...

............

Hope you like it :)
Comment ur views :)

................