Part 45 (a)

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

"Lathika...!! Pls stop...!!
.....talk to me once lathika...!!!
.........listen.....!!"
............Jayanth ran after her shouting her name to asking her to stop...

She just ignored everything around her..., and just collected her bag in Nivaan 's car trying to control her sobs which were unstoppable at that moment..

Atlast near the parking lot..., jayanth grabbed her hand and turned her towards him..

" where are u going...???!!
....... i'm shouting out ur name and u r just....
......okk... fine... look at me now...!!
You are nt going to take any stupid step...!!

(Jayanth widened his eyes and warned her vth genuine concern in his tone)

But before lathika could react him.., they both heard someone's footsteps nearing them and lathika wiped her tears and looking on that side..

" I'm sorry for interrupting you...!! Bt i need to talk to her and it's important...
.
.
Could u just give us a minute...??!!!"
...........Raghunandhan came there and asked in a very polite manner and jayanth excused himself giving them the space..

...........

" Lathika...!! I'm Prataap's friend and i think.., by now.., u must have heard abt me from him...
.
.
U r just like my daughter..., and i just can't even assume how much pain u had been taken during all these days...
.
.
Sometimes..., the greatest love has to end at some point when destiny steps in between them...
Bt that shouldn't stop you from hoping further...
.
.
Lathika...!! Come vth me... Prataap had to finalize your visa and other formalities and it will take a day atleast... till then.., your safety is our first priority...!! "
..........Raghunandhan placed his hand on her head and blessed her...

Lathika.., by then.., came out of the trauma..., and tried to understand what Raghunandhan was trying to say..

She stood there still touching her bare neck with a thin red mark formed around there bcz of the forcible pull by Nivaan..

Raghu took her along vth him in a cab to the address.., which prataap msgd him in the meanwhile.., hiding from Nivaan's notice...

It was a 2 roomed portion at the main market area and prataap had already shifted her belongings from a travel means...

All this while Raghunandhan kept on talking to her..., to make her divert from her thoughts and he left the place..., making sure that lathika is safe around there and also asked the neighbours to check on her in his absence..

.....................

Time 6.30 pm, SPH

Everyone had already left the office vth lots of gossios running in their minds after what had happened in the afternun...

When Raghunandhan reached Nivaan's cabin..., he breathed heavily seeing the scattered things around the room and then at the corner of the room he found Nivaan in his Grandpa's lap laying unconscious...

Raghunandhan quickly went to him and sat there checking Nivaan's temparature..

" Raghu...!! I was waiting for you...!!
.
.
Nivaan took those sedatives again and i just couldn't stop him...
He is in deep sleep now...!! Can u pls take him home...!!
.
.
I have got to complete the formalities for Lathika's Visa.... They just called me and i have to go the emigration office as soon as possible..."
.........he said wiping Nivaan's sweat drops on his forehead...

Raghunandhan slowly picked Nivaan's head and made him rest on the head rest..

" u don't have to ask that Prataap...!! I will be vth Nivaan..."
.....he felt sad seeing Nivaan's condition and they both took him to the car...

Prataap then kissed Nivaan's forehead and left to the emigration office wiping his tears and hoping good for Nivaan....

........................

After 2 hours..., Nivaan suddenly opened his eyes vth a jerk and found himself in his room on his bed....

Though he felt dizzy.., vth the lasting effect of the pills..., he managed to come out of his room vth the support of the wall as he felt hungry and was sweating badly...

He slowly went towards the hall and sat on the couch.., rubbing his head..., and closed his eyes ....

" Lathikaa...!! Pls get me something...!!
......I'm hungry....!!!"
..............Nivaan's voice echoed in the room and that's when he felt a hand on his shoulder...

" Nivaan...!!! Are u alright...??!!
.
.
Lathika had already left the place this evng...!!"

............hearing Raghunandhan's voice.., he gasped and then came to his senses...

A moment of silence..., filled inside the room and then Nivaan stood up from the couch in a sudden urge and went to the kitchen vthout uttering a word...

Vth shivering hands he searched for a water bottle and then he splashed the water all over his face to make him face the consequences and accept the fact that lathika is no where around there...

He then opned the fridge to take out a water bottle and then he found something else inside...
Nivaan leaned forward and took out the bowl of kheer from inside...

Vthin seconds..., the delicious smell of kheer filled around him and hit his nose..

" Lathika....???!!!"
........his lips took her name unknowingly and he tasted it the next moment itself as his inner sense took over his thoughts and he closed his eyes.., in anticipatation enjoying the sweetness of the kheer and was totally lost in it's taste...

Nivaan then sat on the table..., and dialed lathika's number as to find out what's her motive in making the kheer for him if had no ideas to live vth a beast like him.., according to her....

He was totally frustrated by her actions and somewhere his inner voice said him that there is something more to this issue that he is unaware abt...

................

Lathika laid on the bed..., and was crying her heart out nt letting her sobs to be heard out and hid her face deep inside the pillow...

Vth the sudden ring of her mobile.., near her pillow..., she raised her head and was shocked to find Nivaan's no. On the display...

She quickly got up and looked at her image in the mirror and didn't dared to pick the call as she had no clue abt what Nivaan would say and she definately didn't wanted to put him in trouble..
Lathika just stared at her vibrating mobile and took it in her hands and touched the display very gently..
After 15 long rings..., it stopped vibrating and she just kept on staring at it..

..............

" Do u think I'm going to leave you like this...??!! "
.....Nivaan gritted his teeth and dialed her no. Again... and this tym he is definately nt in a good mood at all..

Lathika was about to switch off her phn and as it vibrated again.., it slipped from her hand..., bt then she held it from falling..., and during all this span., she pressed the speaker button accidently

And Nivaan's voice echoed in around her ear from the phone..

..............

" Lathika Menon...!!! Talk to me....!!!
........ I know you are listening to me...!!
.
.
.
(Nivaan shouted on the other side and then banged his fist on the table in frustration as he didn't heard from her... )
.
.
Talk to me Dammit... !!!! "
........Nivaan stood up from his seat and went towards the window to get some fresh air as he was boiling in anger at that moment....

" Yess...!!
........ I....I'm listening...!!"
........he heard her low tone after a minute and closed his eyes breathing heavily...!!

.................

Comment ur views :)