Chapter 36

XANDER'S POV:

I am in my cell. It's around 4:30 in the morning. I haven't slept one bit. All I've been doing is laying on my mat and picturing my favourite memories of me and Izzy together. my chest feels so hollow right now. I feel so weak and empty without her and her smile and laugh. I think that's what I'm going to miss the most...her laugh. The sound is like music to my ears.

"Yo Xander?"

I turn and see Lincoln look at me with very serious eyes, "What's your plan?"

"What plan?"

"Ummm the plan to get you and Izzy out?"

"I have a plan to get Izzy out, but not me. I'm going to be staying here till my end, brother."

Lincoln looks at me for a long time. I can see that he's struggling with the idea that I will be gone. I won't be on this earth anymore. I will be nothing. All there will be left of me is memories.
"Why can't you get yourself out too? What about your son? He needs a father."

There is a big ache in my chest. I was gonna be a father, but not now. I won't be for a while. I look to my friend and smile, "Don't worry about me man. I'm one tough motherfucker. I'll see you again."

IZZY'S POV:

My headaches and my eyes are sensitive to the light when I wake up. I slowly sit myself up. I look around and see that I'm still in my prison of a room. I turn to my side and see what time it is. 2:30 in the afternoon. Damn! I've been asleep for 10 hours! I get up off the couch and stretch. I know that Xander's execution is in a couple of hours. I need to find a way to get to him before he's gone forever. I need to save him.

I got o the bathroom, where there is no camera or microphone. I sit on the toilet seat. How can I get to Xander undetected. I look around the bathroom. Is there anything! I groan and rub my eyes. "Oh Izzy you're hopeless. Oh look! And now you're talking to yourself in the mirror. I am totally normal." I look at myself in the mirror. It's really big. Bigger than what its needed to be. It fits the whole damn wall almost. I stand up and start to gaze over my figure. My ass and boobs has gotten bigger. Wait a minute. I look at the mirror. inspecting every inch of it.

I close the door shut and run the shower hot, run the bath hot and run the tap hot. Soon after, the room is filled with hot steam.I turn everything off and wait. I see the wet steam in the air, floating around, but then my eye catches it smoothly being drawn into the mirror. I look closer. The steam is being sucked in behind it. After a minute the mirror isn't even fogged up anymore, it looks totally normal. Steam can't disappear that fast from the air. There has to be an opening somewhere. An that's where my theory was proven possible. The steam was sucked in by some opening behind the mirror.

I look around the bathroom frantically. I need something to screw the screws out of the mirror. I open all the drawers. nothing. I open all the cupboards. nothing, "Ugh! Useless bathroom!" I shout. The only that looks even close to a screw in this hopeless bathroom is a razor. How the hell am I gonna use a razor to unscrew the mirror? Ugh! Moon Goddess help me! I grab the razor and inspect it. There is nothing flat on it to use for the mirror, but maybe, maybe if I could somehow try get the razor itself out of the plastic and use it to get the screws? I grab my hair pin and bend it flat. I slip it under the thin line between the razor and pull up. One pops out, but it lands on the shower floor, only to smoothly slip in the drainage. "You have got to be KIDDING ME!" I try again. I lose it somewhere on the shower mat. I can't find it! UGH! One last time I try to angle the razor and pull it out! I sigh in relief when I see it land faltly on the counter. "Thank you moon goddess! FINALLY!" I use the flat piece of razor steel to screw the mirror out. When I move it on the side of the shower wall. I am met with a deep dark hole. Bingo. I climb inside it. Hold on Xander...I'm coming for you.

SOUL'S POV:

I must really stink. I haven't showered in so long. I've been helping Noah do some of the alpha work as well as trying to figure out what I can do to try get my brother, Izzy and Eddie back. Every time I find something, find a possible way to find where they are, to get them out, it always just comes to a stop. It's felt like its been so long, but in truth, it's only been a couple of days.

I lean back in my office chair and stretch my arms. I sigh in exhaustion. My chest feels heavy, making it hard to breath. I rubs my eyes, "Please moon goddess help me."

I look at the door in front of me. I imagine my mate. She comes in with a smile on her beautiful face. She sees how stressed I am right now. She comes to me and sits on my lap, telling me I need a break. I hold her against me, not letting her go. She smiles down at me with love and adoration. Her hands are rubbing my chest and stroking my hair. I feel so clam, just by her presence alone. I smile at her. How lucky I am that I have a mate like her. I lay my hand on her pregnant belly, thinking how amazing it is that my baby girl is inside.

I open my eyes, only to feel my chest cave in at how empty it is. There is nothing inside that can fill me up with joy and spirit. My mate doesn't want me. My mate hates me. Because I was too stupid and young at the time to see how special mates really are. Whenever I saw my brother and Izzy, or Eddie and Zapora, I was happy for them, but I couldn't help feel this pang inside my chest, this void. I could've had what they have i I did things differently. If I treasured her the way that I should have. But I didn't. What hurts me even more is that she's probably been with other males. She's probably had a lot of males. Punishing me for hurting her, for making her feel unworthy. And then losing our baby. Knowing that the stress she had from me, made her not be capable to carry our child. I am a murderer of the mate bond and a murderer of my very own flesh and blood, my child.

Noah bursts through the door. I snap out of my own thoughts, instantly on alert.
"What?" I ask.

"I know where they are."

I stand from my seat instantly, "How?"

"Xander. He contacted me."

"What'd he say?"

"He said that he escaped his cell for a moment. Then he just rambled off a couple of numbers before they caught him again."

"So he actually he didn't say where he was? Gosh Noah! You got me all riled up, I was full on ready to charge on that hell hole."

"But he did. He sent me that message three days ago. I've been trying to study these numbers and see what's so special about the. I mean Xander had to have said them for a reason, right?"

"AND?"

"They're latitude and longitude." He stated.

"Coordinates?" He nods.

A spark of hope is lit in my chest. We may be able to save them yet! "So what'er we gonna do?"

"I've already sent a runner to go scope out the area. Once he gets back and tells us the ins and outs of the place, we'll start to plan."

"When will he come back?"

"Soon. I sent him at sunrise. "

"We'll need the night as a cover and rub mud on ourselves to try and mask our smell."

Noah nods in agreement. "Daddy?"

We both turn to the door and see Keith. He's there with tears in his eyes. I see him favoring his left arm as if injured. Noah goes to him quickly and bends down on one knee, "What is it buddy?" Buddy? He's never called his son that. He's never really been connected to his son after his wife died.
Keith leans into his father, "I was playing in the trees with my friends, but then I fell! My arms hurts a lot," he sobs. Noah pulls his son gently into a hug. "Here, let me have a look, " He says gently, "Ooohhh, thats pretty bad, but it's not broken. I think it's just bruised." Keith nods and sniffs his nose and rubs his eyes to rid it with tears. "Come on Keith, let's get you some ice, okay?" Noah picks his son up and is about to walk out before he turns to me, "Get ready...we're going to war with the Rogue Alpha."

A/N:
Hey guys!!! Sorry I've been so busy being an emotional wreck!! But I've been trying to get motivated to keep writing. Please comment what you're thinking of my book: like certain scenes of it or a quote. SOMETHING!!! PLEASE!!!