Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"So you didn't ask them about me at all?"

"Oh my God Dylan this is not about you!" I replied. "Alyssa could die tomorrow."

"She could die tonight too, I don't see what's new."

I continued pacing my laps around the dorm room. Dylan was constantly complaining about how cold it always is, but it didn't bother me. I suppose it's a healing thing.

"Do you not care?"

"I do!" he responded. "But I don't see what we can do to help."

I stopped. "I need to be on the other side of the net. If I can keep Alyssa alive-"

"That's cheating and you know it."

"I'm not going to interfere!"

"Isn't it Loch's job to keep everyone in check?"

"If they go for a kill shot during the round, it's no problem," I replied. "Is there any way to get through the net?"

"The only way is through the administrator box and through the contestant doors."

I kept trying to think of an idea. "Why don't I just volunteer as a medic?"

Dylan laughed. "Yeah because everyone knows you're a healer."

"Wow, I could feel the sarcasm on that one even without my healing powers. Can you be serious for one minute?"

"But seriously, everyone's just going to think you're trying to help Alyssa. It's not going to do any good. Did you even talk to her about this?"

I shook my head. "Nile whisked her away and she is to not be disturbed until after the final round."

"How come?"

"It'll disturb her focus or whatever. I don't know. Nile's rule."

"And are you under her control?"

I smiled. "But I don't know where they are."

"Then figure it out."

~~~

I walked through the hallways searching for Alyssa's health energy source. I lived with the girl, I should be able to sense her through the walls. I stopped outside one door that felt special. Then I knocked.

Her blonde hair looked the same as I remembered, but she looked tired and worried. Some things you just don't need super powers to figure out.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I really shouldn't let you."

"You opened the door and you weren't supposed to do that."

Alyssa sighed. "Yeah, sure."

We went inside and she sat on the floor and I sat in the desk chair. "Why are you on the floor?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I like earth better than fabric sometimes." She seemed really distant.

I cut right to the point. "You're going to die tomorrow."

Alyssa nodded her head. "I know."

"Then why are you doing this?!"

"There's something that no one tell the entire school. If you win the showdowns, you get a power increase. Some people find out, and that's why they are so vicious. I can't let Anthony get a power increase."