Chapter 6 - Abducted by Two Alphas

When I returned home that day, I was relieved to find my new best friend trying to beat the Heat, by sleeping it off. She had taken some medicinal herbs to keep it low, because she didn't want Jaxon to sniff around and find her, ready and waiting for him to mate her.

But she actually wasn't ready and waiting. It was just her body, and her poor wolf, longing to have her needs fulfilled.

She groaned and stirred, "Is that you, Moon?" She mumbled; her eyes drowsy and droopy, tired of fighting the heat.

"Yah. It's me." I mumbled back, my mind still reeling with whatever had happened back in the lingerie store.

Adrian. Adrian. Adrian. That was all my mind whispered to me, reminding me how his body pressed against mine felt like, how his husky and growly voice caressed my lips and my skin, and how I was still tingling everywhere where he had touched and kissed me.

If this was going to happen all the time, I was surely going to give in, and would definitely get hurt. I was glad that my wolf was a domineering one, and didn't lose control yet as easily as he did.

But I knew she still wanted him.

"I'm going back to sleep." Liana murmured, bringing me momentarily out of my thoughts. In no time, I heard her soft snores again, a small smile taking over my face as I peered over her tired form relaxing.

Liana was an angel sent for me, and well, maybe for Jaxon too.

As I looked around my home, my eyes fell over the tons and tons of pictures that I had clicked with my grandmother, ranging from the time when I was a toothless baby, to the time in the hospital where she took her last breath.

My eyes watered, as I recalled how she had smiled at me, and brought up her weak hand to caress my hair, wiping my tears with her wrinkly, bony fingers. The doctors had given up, and I had known that it was the last time I was going to see her alive.

"Find out who you truly are, Moon."

She had said to me that day, and my eyes widened in realization.

She knew.

She knew it all along.

Was she just like me? Not a human? As far as I remembered, she never showed signs of being someone...different, while I gathered every incident in my life that clearly hinted to the fact that I was.

I was a weirdo when it came to relationships. Even though every male around me found me alluring and sexy - that's what I had been told - they still steered clear of me. I was physically stronger than them - they knew it and hated it at the same time.

It didn't hurt me or anything, I was quite happy being all on my own, with my Grandma. And this was one of the reasons that I had no one to be my best friend in my entire existence.

But I was never lonely.

I sighed.

The comfort of my home slowly set in, and I looked at Liana, wondering how my entire world flipped in the matter of just two days. Just two days ago, I was a lonely boring human, with a monotonous, well-planned life.

Today, I had no idea who I actually was, all my future-planning seemed useless and everything around me seemed like the plotline of a werewolf novel, sans romance.

Yeah, no romance, or maybe an erotic one

A shiver ran through me when I remembered my last encounter with Adrian in the lingerie shop. A shiver ran through me once again when I thought about what would've happened had I hadn't gathered my wits and ran out of there in time.