Chapter 17 - He Knows

"Why?" Liana's eyes widened, "What happened?"

I kept crying and sobbing pathetically as I told Liana whatever happened last night. She started with being furious at Adrian, and then slowly grew concerned and then straight away panicked. I could see all the emotions running across her face.

I couldn't help but think that this was all my fault. I should have found out a way to stop Mercy from entering the kitchen.

"What?! So that means now Adrian knows about Mercy being Theo's mate and also that she's pregnant, and that he's definitely going to tell Theo and that there's a possibility that they are on their way here?" She babbled, her mind going somewhere distant as she processed what this all could mean and how she could prevent it from becoming a disaster.

I just nodded. I was still crying for a reason I did not know; maybe these were just my overworking hormones that were making such a mess of my emotions. Liana took one look at my condition and then shook her slightly. Even she knew that we had no time for comforting hugs or group sobbing.

"Can we..." I sniffled and then wiped my nose. "Can't we just use our Luna Orders or something like that to stop him from reaching her?"

Even though I wanted Theo to know about Mercy's child, this was not the way I reckoned it would happen. I wanted Mercy to go to him herself and tell him about the baby.

She shook her head and frowned, "No. They won't work here as effectively. And most importantly, like Adrian had said, a pup is more important than any duty and any rank. A Luna Order or an Alpha Order is not going to stop him." She let out a defeated sigh.

I hadn't even blinked once after she finished and I heard a loud slam in the living room.

Our eyes widened and we immediately rushed to the main entrance of the house before anyone could reach Mercy. The slam was loud enough for even our neighbours to hear, and the loudness also meant that someone was really, really furious at the moment.

"What's happening?" Kia came rushing out of the bedroom, her brows furrowed in confusion. Of course, she had no idea about what was happening.

"Theo is here." Liana murmured, "Don't let Mercy come out of the bedroom. She doesn't need to know what's happening outside."

Kia just nodded and went back inside. Both Liana and I rushed again and found just what we were expecting.

Theo - the man who had always been a calm and composed Beta King for me - looked like he was seeing nothing but red, and both his arms were restrained by Jaxon and Adrian. His eyes were dark and his face was a mark of desperation and fury. He roared loudly, struggling against the hold of his two Alphas,  looking as if he would destroy the house if he was let loose. The scene was horrifying in itself, and my heart pounded in my chest as I imagined what would happen if they released him.

God, my house! I would have an emotional breakdown if something happened to it. It was the last memory of the one woman who reared me from my childhood till she died.

"Stop!" My voice was loud and firm, even though I was sure I was pale and was panicking on the inside, "I want the three of you out of my house before you harm it and the people inside.If you want to be here, behave yourself. This not your pack ground when you can run and rampage."

Theo's eyes fell on me, and he snarled menacingly, "My mate is in here, and my pup! There's no way I'm going to leave without taking them back with me."

Liana and I took in deep breaths and looked at each other. Then she said, bluntly, crossing her arms, "Mercy doesn't want you here. And like she said, behave yourself. There are other women in this house."