Prologue

(Do not own or claim to own Naruto.)

Prologue: 

3rd Person's POV:

They were thieves, a team of four, plus one hound, a small team, easy to sneak into a village in the dead of night. Their hound, a German shepherd mix, was their eyes and ears as they bypassed any shinobi on duty. They wore no forehead protectors, with the symbol of their village. The hounds Master, a female spy, signaled the entire group to freeze where they stood, they were waiting. The old man in charge of the up keep of this villages forbidden scrolls was doing his timely walk around the building, checking to make sure no living soul but him were on the grounds, that no scroll was to be touched. She looked at the hound, who awaiting her signal obediently. As soon as the old man opened the door to the building to go back inside, she gave the signal. The hound charged forward, silent as his ancestor in the wild, and pounced on the old man, clamping his mouth around the throat of his victim cutting off any sound that would have escaped.

The hound back off his prey, his Master coming up behind him eyeing the pool of blood that was forming around the body of the old scroll keeper. "Good mutt, very good." She praised, walking forward, her teammates following and spreading out. "Bring the body inside, we don't want to draw attention." She told one of her teammates. The hound stayed close to his Master, his soul duty to follow her every command, and guard her. A victorious smile played on her lips as she found the scroll they had been paid to retrieved. "Jackpot!" She called to her teammates in a hushed tone.

"Hey! The old man!! He's alive!!"

"You didn't kill him?!" The hounds Master raged, hitting the creature upside the head. "You soft heart good for nothing beast! Kill him!!" She ordered, turning away from the hound.

"He's gone. Must have sneaked out when our back were turned." One of her teammates informed.

"We need to get out of here!" Another suggested.

"Fine. Lets move. We got what we wanted anyway." She sighed. "Your going to get it when we get back to base, you stupid mutt." She promised, hitting the hound upside the head, causing it to yelp.

"Leaf shinobi ANBU, closing in!"

"We got to scatter!"

The group went in different directions, hoping to throw off their pursuers.

"This is all your fault, if you had just killed the old man." The hounds Master raged, as she and the hound started running. The animal only grunted as he dodge weapons that were expertly aimed, too busy running for his life to focus on what she was saying.

Tsunade's POV:

Tsunade waited patiently in her office for her ANBU to report in, sipping on a cup of sake, and absently looking at one of the many piles of paperwork on her desk. A team of rogue shinobi had gotten into their village and stole a forbidden scroll, the old old Scroll Keeper was lucky to have been able to get away to send a signal to alert, the shinobis on duty, and to have survived such an ambush. This incident allowed her to take a very needed break from all the never ending paperwork on her desk. Sensing her ANBU close, she stood up from her desk, as the three man cell of Konaha finest entered her office. Two were carrying a body, and deposited their burden to the floor One was obviously not human, but a dog. The ANBU moved out of her way, as she walked from behind her desk, to examine to two un-moving bodies, that were now getting blood all over her floor.

"The scroll, that was stolen?" She asked, eyeing the dead body of the woman spy.

"We could not find it. She must have hidden it, before we could retrieve it." Came the answer.