Chapter 13: Late Night

Itachi was led through the crowded club and sweaty bodies on the dance floor by a bodyguard.

He held the folder tightly in his hand.

A girl not older than 16 bumped into him.

"S-sorry- oh, hi!" she gave him a sly smile, tucking a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

He looked at her from head to toes and frowned. Why would they let underage children into the club, he wondered.

Itachi continued to walk.

"Hey, do you hear me?" she screamed after him over the loud music. Seems as she wasn't used with being rejected. Entitled highschool brat.

The bodyguard opened a door in the far back that had written on it "access denied" in red.

Itachi thanked him with a short nod before stepping into the private room that smelled like expensive alcohol and tobacco. It was quite foggy thank's to the lack of windows.

"Itachi Uchiha!" the orange haired man with piercings greeted. He was sat on the couch with two bodyguards on each side while a few girls were drinking and whispering in the corner of the room.

They threw occasional glaces at Itachi and giggled.

"They like you. Still a hearthrob as I remember!" the man extended his arms.

He was definitely tipsy, Itachi could tell.

"Pein!" Itachi aknowledged him indiferently.

"The one and only. Sit, please." the orange haired man gestured towards the white couch in front of him.

Itachi took a seat.

"A drink?"

"No, I don't drink."

"You should loosen up." Pein poured himself half a glass of Hennesey.  "Did you bring it?" he took a sip.

Itachi slid the folder on the table.

"My father sent me all the information he got through a private detective."

"Hmm, I see!" the man with piercings picked up the files. "And I presume that you want us to catch him in Italy."

"Yes. I'll put my private plane in your hands." Itachi clasped his hands in front of him, leaning forward.

"You don't want to go yourself like you always did. Why is that?" he subtly pointed the finger at Itachi, teasingly.

The Uchiha cleared his throat. "I don't want him to follow me back if something fails."

"Oh, you want to protect her." Pein's smirk grew wider.

"Wouldn't you do the same with Konan?" Itachi furrowed his brows and let his voice come off more agresively than he intended.

"Well yes, but you see..." he licked his lips and put his glass down. "I wasn't forced to be with Konan. I can't say the same about you. Me giving a shit has a reason, you on the other hand..." he eyes Itachi from head to toes. "You keep your spoiled, fragile wife isolated somewhere in this country, to an unknown location."

Itachi raised an eyebrow "Yes, because if I wanted people like you to give her the creeps, I'd just call my family." he loosened his black tie, exposing his veiny and sweaty neck.

Itachi grabbed a glass and poured himself some whiskey.

It tasted bitter but he chose to ignore it as he gulped the entire content.

"I am not here to talk about my personal life, Pein."

Pein slammed his hand on the table, making the glasses shake. The girls in the room gasped loudly but chose to mind their business.