Part 18

Unedited.

Tyrone Argyros POV

I felt her tensing the moment the words left my mouth. I almost regretted asking such a triggering question, but my curiosity got the best of me. I wanted- needed to know what happened back then.

"Why would you ask that?" She questioned still turning her back on me.

"I want to know what exactly happened. How he-" I cut myself off, afraid if I uttered those words she would feel the reality sink in. I know she was avoiding the subject for all those years because she doesn't want to believe that whatever happened, did actually happen. She was in denial all those years, and I'm not sure she's ready to be faced with reality just yet.

"It happened a long time ago, I'm not sure I still remember the exact details." She lied.

"I thought we agreed on not lying to each other ages ago." I said.

"I'm not! I really forg-"

"Come on, Zelda. You have to tell me one day, you can't keep it to yourself forever!" I exclaimed getting angry.

She stood up abruptly, and glared at me with her teary gaze. "HE DIED, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!" She shouted angrily.

"You think I don't know that?" I retorted trying to control my anger. It's never good when the both sides are angry that's something I learned years ago. "There is a barrier between us, Zelda. One that was there from the very beginning, but I thought it will vanish with time that's why I never pushed this subject with you." I said. "However it's increasing each passing day, destroying our relationship slowly, and the only way to redeem it is if we pass it once and for all." I explained as gently as possible.

"What wall a dead person can put between us? and what does his death has anything to do with us?" She bombarded a question after another hysterically, like she was convincing herself more than me. He indeed was a weak spot for her.

"He is not the problem here. Never was actually." I said. "But you seem to think that if you actually gave our marriage, our family more of your attention you'll be distracted from your original goal, that he'll disappear from your memories like a speck of dust. Like he never existed."

"I'm doing everything I could to balance my responsibilities. There's absolutely no reason for me change anything." She defended. "You're just going to have to accept me like this." She added.

"That's not my point! Zelda, please I just want to help you, to be there for you." I pleaded.

She sighed. "I know, but I don't think I'll ever be able to share that story with anyone, not until I achieved my goal at the very least." She said sadly. "It's just too painful to relive, please don't make me do it." She pleaded, a lone tear cascading down her already tear-stained cheek.

I went to her side and hugged her. "I'll never do that to you, I'm so sorry if I ever made you feel like you're obliged to go through all that pain all over again." I said caressing her back comfortingly while she sobbed quietly.

I hated to see her this way, she was always the tough woman, even when she was broken from the freshly lived pain all those years ago. She always managed to pull herself up by her own hands, so to see the same broken expression from that dreaded time on her face again, knowing that I caused it made me feel a complete asshole for putting her in this position.

Sometimes I forget that she isn't some invincible creature, but rather a very fragile, soft-hearted, and broken soul. I feel selfish for shedding light on one of her past's darkest skeletons. A nightmare that's still holding her ankles with chains, preventing her from ever moving on or having peace.

"Do you really want to know?" She asked weakly, as if she's in daze.

"Only if it's okay with you." I replied.

Few minutes with complete silence surrounding us like some kind of dark, heavy curtains.

"He was killed." She said after I thought she was going to drop it. "Mason and his whore took not only my inheritance, my father's company, but they also snatched the only person that I really gave a fuck about. They thought that by killing him they'll be safe, that they'll get away with their theft. They knew that when it comes to me Jason would never think twice before bringing me justice, that he'll bring them down even if it costed him his life, so they decided to take him out before he got the chance." She was a crying mess by the time her speech finished.

"They killed him, and blamed it on me causing for the police to arrest me thinking that I killed him. They even went as far as forging evidence and bringing an eye witness saying that we were having an affair, and that I killed him when I found him cheating on me." She said with flames of fury sparking from her tone. "They thought their plan was foolproof, that by killing him and imprisoning me they would live happily ever after. What they failed to realise however, was that I never let anybody build their happy little life on the ruins of mine. They should've left us alone when I was the naive, vulnerable, stupid girl everyone knew because the plain old me would've done anything to keep Jason away from them. However they chose to poke a dormant demon, and for that they shall all pay heavily." She concluded in a sadistic tone with an evil smirk playing on her lips. I couldn't help but notice how she emphasised on the 'all' part making me wonder just how many unworthy fuckers betrayed her.

"Soon they'll be living a life worst than the one I went through, they'll be begging me for their miserable life." She promised menacingly.

"And I'll be right there to help you achieving that." I promised kissing her temple, and hugging her tightly to me.

She might not have told me the exact details that have occurred, but I was glad that she was starting to open up about her past and fears, slowly but surely.

"Thank you, hubby." She winked playfully making me chuckle. "I don't know what I did to deserve you and our kids. I promise I'll make sure you all are safe and sound, even if die doing so." She vowed.

"You'll never have to do anything alone for I'll always be there next to you. I love you so much, wifey." I declared.

She just smiled and snuggled deeper into my embrace. She never responds when I confess my feelings maybe because she doesn't really reciprocate them, and no matter how much it hurts to go through that every time, I'm happy by just having her here with me, with us.

A/N

Hey, lovelies. Here's a new update for you guys.

Thank you so much for all of your support, words are not enough to describe how happy or how grateful I am for happy all of you guys 😘😘.

Don't forget to vote and comment, thanks a lot once again, lovelies.

Happy reading, and until next time stay safe and happy. Bye bye.

Mi-M-ab.