Chapter 4

Shadow's p.o.v.

I didn't need to sleep, just like how I don't need to eat. I've gotten so used to the luxrays that sometimes I couldn't help myself. When I woke up and checked my clock it was 6:45, almost time for everyone else to wake up. I got out of my room and saw all the other doors were still closed meaning that everyone else was still asleep. Except one, the snake. He said to all of us that gods and demons don't need ordinary stuff such as sleep and food. But in childhood all of that stuff is essential for the kid to get big and strong. I couldn't, for the life of me, get the hunt out of my head. He acted like that was an ordinary day sort of thing.

DEFINITELY NOT!!!!

When I went downstairs, it was no surprise to see the little snake sitting on the couch, legs crossed, hands on knees and eyes closed. When I got neer his left ear twitched back to me, a signal that he knows I'm behind him. When I sat on the couch that was beside his, he opened his left eye to look at me.

"My dad says that there is a way to get X back to normal, but I'm going to have to leave him in your hands along with your friends, vampire."

"First of all, their not my friends but friends of my rival, which is your brother. Second why do you keep calling me that!?"

"Then why do you hang around them? *turns head to face me with both eyes open* And what do you mean, vampire?"

"I mean that name! And I just do what I want, how I want, and when I want to!"

"Whatever, Vampire."

"STOP WITH THE NAME!!!"

"Would you two stop yelling? I was trying to sleep." the little demon just appeared out of nowhere in front of both of the couch's rubbing his one red dot eye, giving a slight yawn. The lighter azure hedgehog got up from the center of the couch to make room for his younger twin.

"I'm sorry for waking you up X, but I'm not so sure about Mr. Grumpy over there."

I just mumbled "Moron."

Later on once everyone ate their breakfast, except for D and Faker 'I guess I can't really call him that now', the plan was laid out. We all sat around the kitchen table and talked about the upcoming events and I was not thrilled.

"So D, did you talk to your dad about how to get Sonic back to normal?" asked Tails

"Yes, and he said that the way to get him back to normal was to build a machine, find the 7 native emeralds and an aging stone."

"Native emeralds? Is it me or does that sound like the chaos emeralds?" pipped Rouge

"It does sound like them, but why do we need all these items?" questined Knuckles

"The native or chaos emeralds as you call them will be used to get X's memories back, due to the fact his age was reduced and some of his memories wiped, that is where the machine and aging stone comes in. The machine will chanel the stone's aging ability to get him back to his proper age. But that also means that I have to leave to find the stone."

"Your leaving?" asked his twin whos red orbs were shining with unshed tears

"You want to be as tall as me right?"

He looks down at himself before giving a slight nod to his twin.

"Then I'm going to have to leave as soon as possible."

He muttered out an "Okay." and a blood-like tear free-falled one of his eyes

"Hey, there's no need for that. I'll be back as soon as I can." he got out of his chair chair to stand behind his brother, arms across his chest. "Better?"