Chapter 10

Knuckles p.o.v. (a few minutes after Amy's getaway)

It took forever to find where D was. Without his comm, it took longer than expected. We found him slumped against a tree... asleep? We tried waking him up but when Tails checked his pulse, he was sedated. A few seconds after he finally woke up.

"*Groans* What... happened?"

"Looks like Amy did make you fall asleep after all." I said.

"Haha. *Looks at me* Very funny. Help me up." Once he was on his feet again, he looked around and grew frantic

"Where's X!?!?"

"I don't know. When we got here we saw you against the tree." said Shadow crossing his arms over his chest

"What's the last thing you remember?" asked Tails

"The last thing I remember was talking with the echidna, seeing something move, and then I blacked out." Then his face lit up and turned into anger. He turned towards the tree and punched it making it snap in half. "DAMN IT!!"

"What's the matter?" asked Rouge

"THAT DAMN BITCH!! THAT'S WHAT!!!"

"D, calm down and tell us what happened." I say. He turns around to face us.

"The taint. She captured X. Do any of you have a way of tracking her down?"

"Her emergency tracker in her communicator isn't active, so I can't track her down." says Tails holding his namesakes. I then notice that D wasn't wearing his comm.

"Hey D, Where's your communicator?" he looks down at his wrist and then on the forest floor.

"I don't know. Do you think that she took that as well?"

"There's only one way to find out." says Tails as he touches a few buttons on his communicator.

"Gotcha! The tracker in your comm is active and the signal is coming from that direction." he points in a different direction then the one we were going.

"Then what are we standing around here for? Let's go! And NOW!" we got startled by the sudden outburst but Tails lead the way. I just hope that the feeling in the pit of my gut isn't a bad one.

Amy's p.o.v. (before the run)

When I woke up, I felt reborn. Like I could do whatever I want and no one could tell me otherwise. I felt more power than I ever had before. I heard some noises coming from downstairs. I wished to become invisible and just like that, I did. I made my way down to see D talking with everyone else. 'Perfect, that means he has the aging stone.' I run back upstairs, noiseless, and grab the sac that I hid in my room before hand. I get downstairs again and head to Tails' workshop. Inside the Tornado X's compartment is the remaining chaos emeralds. I put them and the finished machine into the sac. 'Now for the hard part'

I made my over to Shadow and put my hand into his quills pulling out the emerald. Thankfully I was invisible so it made the emerald invisible also. I reach over to the stone as quietly as I could and successfully grab it. I walk over to the door and open it while they were all distracted. 'Phase one complete. Now for phase two.'

I take a few steps back and turn visible again. D turns around just I ran out the door heading to my other items. I hide the sac a few miles away and take the two syringes and cage and take off running with speed I never had.

Surprisingly, the cage was as light as a feather. Soon, everyone was outside the house. I made myself light so I wouldn't make tracks and I was able to make my odor disappear. I ran as far as I could and occasionally showed myself to them to confuse them.

I decided that I went far enough away I showed myself to the two immortals. I stabbed X's arm with the syringe and kicked D over to a tree also getting his arm to. I put X into the cage and took D's comm. 'They need to find a way to find their precis immortal.'

I raced over to the sac and take the cage and sac over to Eggman's base. When I get there, Eggman told me to get out the machine with the stone and put the emeralds off to the side for now. He took him out of the cage and put him on a upright metal table. He faced the machine over at him and pulled the trigger.

A purple beam struck X in the chest and right before my very eyes, He grew older. He was dazed from the sedative but let out small whimpers in pain. When it was all over, he was back to his proper age and height. Eggman put the machine off to the side and grabbed a collar and syringe.

"What are you doing?" I asked annoyed

"Remember that he has a brother. Only an immortal can kill an immortal. With this collar we can control what he does."

"All right, hurry it up. The others will be coming over here shortly." He clasped the collar onto X's neck and sedated him again.

"Now to boot the collar up." He went over to a control panel and pressed some buttons. Soon enough, the collar was at 100% when X was waking up again. He looked up at us and his eyes were emotionless.

"What the? I can't control him for some reason."

"Well, get him under control." X started growling and pulling on his restraints to get free. He looked at us with lust in his eyes.

CREAK! The restraints were losing their hold on him.

SNAP! He fell on all fours, looking at the ground. I started backing away cause he looked... hungry.

He looked at Eggman with lust, happiness, hunger and something I couldn't name. He disappeared and reappeared in front of him cutting him in half. He was covered in blood and eating off of Eggman's now dead body. Thankfully, he didn't notice me halfway to the door.

Then everyone started calling his name bringing his attention over to me. He stood up straight blood tears flowing down his face with a light red rash under his red dot eyes. A grin that stretched ear to ear showing his slightly yellow, pointed teeth. His back quills were still dripping from Eggman's blood. His once cobalt fur is now coated with blood. His gloves are stained red.

He was growling as I was still backing away. I took off running and D transformed knocking him back. He growled at him and ran after me. I turned invisible as I got outside. I took off running deeper into the forest and took a peek behind me. I saw X running towards the city in the distance. 'Hopefully, he won't come after me at all.' I continued running as far away as I could. 'I should be safe here.' I leaned against a tree and fell asleep.