Chapter 16

Sonic's p.o.v.

'I guess Frank was right. I'm just a heartless being who kills for fun. I felt nothing towards her and got a rush just from doing that small action.' I washed my fur from the blood that was dry and clumped together.

As I put my face under the spray, I closed my eyes and the nightmare played in my mind. Over and over, forever on loop, torturing me. 'Why can't things ever be simple?'

I hear everything when I'm insane but I only remember some things once I snap back into reality. I heard their conversation before I was kidnapped by her. 'Everything makes sense, I was always his target and me suffering is his rush.'

I turned around to run my hands through my quills, when a thought stopped my movement. 'This war will never end.' I shook it off and stepped out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around my waist and saw my reflection in the mirror.

As I stepped closer I transformed and saw my red orbs looking back at me. 'Can't he find someone else to be his target?' I transformed back to look at my emerald eyes. 'No matter, I was born like this. An insane psychopath that is a killing machine and has no remorse for killing and I have to live with this curse for all eternity.'

I opened the door as I walked down the hallway to my room. I slowed my approach as I saw her door wide open. 'You've been a thorn in my side since I laid my eyes on you. But why didn't I kill you before all this happened? Once I get my memories back, I'm sure I'll be able to figure that out.'

I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. As I put my clean shoes on, I couldn't help but feel a little hungry. I sat down on my bed and slipped my white gloves on, putting my head in my hands. 'This will never end.' I pulled one my gloves off, looking at my hand. 'The hand of a murderer, and it's mine.' I slipped it back on and walked over to my door. I hesitated as my hand hovered over the knob. D's words fluttering into my mind from our conversation before.

'X, are you going to come home after she's dead?'

'I want to stay here.'

'X...'

'That's finale.'

I sighed and wrapped my hand around the knob. 'Maybe he was right. I'll just put my friends in more danger then needed.' As I walked down the stairs I heard voices talking and I stopped halfway to listen.

"What are we going to do now? He said no."

"He's probably too attached to them."

"It's Sonic's decision if he wants to stay or not and I'll respect that either way."

"I agree with Tails, he's our friend and he's always been there for us."

"Knuckie's right you know."

"If he does leave, I'll miss that hedgehog."

"We should ask him once he comes down."

"Speaking of Blue, how long is he going to take." I gulped and went down the last steps. As I faced everyone, they faced me. D started walking to me and I found my shoes to be really interesting.

"You were listening to us weren't you?" I nodded and he put his hand on my chin lifting my head to look in his eyes.

'What's your decision?'

'I don't know yet.'

'I knew you would have second thoughts'

'Shut up.'