2.0

"Jerome is becoming troublesome," Theo confides in his sister. "He's no longer as invested in our plan and he's distracted. He has no respect for me or my vision."

"Perhaps he's still trying to locate his father for you. Probably itching to get back to torturing his dad's friend that lives in the woods," Tabitha scoffs.

"What?" Galavan asks, confused. "I know where his father is; I never asked Jerome to find him for me. And his father certainly doesn't have any friends that live in the woods. It's more likely that Jerome is trying to spend more time with the girl he's been keeping in his room."

"What girl?" Tabitha wonders. "He hasn't been back to his room in days, and I don't remember seeing him with a girl in there. He took one of the cars a few days back to go investigate this cottage in the woods. If he wasn't looking for his dad then what was he doing?"

"I suspect that's where he's relocated his girl to. Activate his tracker and find out where he is. I'm going to check his credit card spendings," Theo orders. "If I'm right, it sounds like Jerome is abandoning our cause to play house."

As Tabitha uses her phone to track Jerome and the car, Theo pulls up the records of the credit card he gave Jerome.

"These both show that he's in the middle of the woods," Tabby confirms.

"And he's bought furniture and groceries. And coloring books," Theo notes with a raised brow. "He's going soft for this girl. We have to put him back on track."

"We could kill her," she suggests.

"Hmm, no, that's too harsh. He'd likely turn on us," he reasons.

"Well then what if we kidnap her and use her to make him do what we want?" Tabs grins.

"While we do need her out of the picture, taking her would make him resent us. Jerome is not fond of being controlled, as seen by his little rebellion here. If we tried to manipulate him with her, he would find a way to kill us and take her back. We need to refocus him on the enemy and make ourselves his allies," Theo points out. "Perhaps if the GCPD found out where he's hiding, they would happen upon her and take her in for questioning. Her capture would enrage Jerome, I'm sure. This would fall in line with our intended attack of the GCPD, which we will make him think is his idea."

Tabitha smirks at the perfectly devised plan, running her tongue across her teeth. "When can we do it?"

"Well, we need to make sure that he's out at the time that the GCPD investigate. So just before our next act should be a good time," he decides. "If we time it right, it may even buy us some time to get it done right without intervention."

"What is the next act?" Tabitha inquires.

"We'll have them burn some people alive with the oil from the shipyard. We can let them pick who," Theo responds.

"And when are we planning to execute it?" Asks Tabby.

"Within the next few days. The sooner we can reorient Jerome, the better," he replies.

"Certainly, brother mine," she purrs. A sharp knock on the door draws their attention.

"Come in," Theo calls. Barbara pushes the door open and inserts herself in the doorway.

"We're bored," she pouts. "And I'm so tired of sitting around and watching everyone else get their fill."

"Am I not filling enough for you?" Tabby flirts. Barbara chuckles briefly at the tease but maintains her sullen temperament.

"Hardy har har. Not that kinda emptiness, babe, trust me," Babs sighs. "Seriously, when do I get to go out and kill people?"

"Sooner than you think," Theo soothes. "Just as soon as we and the audience are ready for that stage of the show. We've got to get all our actors on track and build up to the climax of our little performance."

"And then it's my turn?" Barbara confirms.

"But of course. You are, after all, the star of the show," Theo smirks.

"Not Jerome?" Barbara asks.

"No, not really. The ginger is just a red herring for what we have planned long term. Fitting really, given the circumstances," he replies. "But let him have his time in the spotlight before it, and he, fade away. Perhaps if he'd shown a little more dedication I would consider him more of a long term asset, but as it were, he's best suited as only a weapon in our arsenal." One that we'll destroy after it serves its purpose. Don't want to leave any loose ends or evidence behind.

"Well you don't have to worry about him and I fighting anymore then. I have no problem making a guy think he's in charge so he'll feel better about himself. I have plenty of experience in that area," Barbara winks.

"Yes. Well we will spend time discussing Jim Gordon at a later date," Theo jabs, making the two ladies laugh at the detective's expense. "For now why don't you two ladies get back to entertaining the mayor."

The girls giggle excitedly and leave the room, giving Theo more time to ponder the deteriorating situation with Jerome. "So disappointing. The boy had such potential."

He looks at the credit card statement again, eyeing the coloring books and pencils. "And all of it thrown away for a little girl with daddy issues."