2.7

After Jerome pulls away, Daisy is left feeling more alone than ever before. She sighs deeply as the car disappears, then straightens her spine and turns to go back inside. I can be a big girl.

Once she gets in, the girl decides to make herself a sandwich for an early lunch before returning to her coloring. While she happily munches on the turkey sandwich, she contemplates her fast-growing relationship with her daddy.

She's barely known the man a week, but he has been nicer and more accommodating than anyone she has ever met. Daisy has never felt as safe or loved as she has with her daddy, and she doesn't even know his name. The nature of their relationship is quite odd, considering how short they've known each other and how quickly everything has developed despite that fact.

Daisy never really ever thought she'd find love, and now she is sure she has it with a man she's only known a week. But then again, her daddy is unlike any man she's ever met. He's so kind and considerate, putting her and her feelings above all else, even his job and his own comfort. It seems like he's dropped everything for her—a girl who has nothing and no one else.

They've spent so much time together over the last week, it's near painful to consider that they'll be apart for a duration of time that's nearly half as long as they've known each other. And now that Daisy is really and truly alone, it's hard to ignore how scared and lonely she is.

Pepper is gone, and there is literally no where else for her to turn should her daddy not return. Even the idea that he may not come back is too much for the poor girl to handle. Daisy knows very well that she doesn't have much of an idea on how to take care of herself.

Sure, she made herself a sandwich just earlier, but in terms of long term survival—getting a job, a place to stay, buying supplies, making relationships—she's hopeless. Hell, Daisy doesn't even know how to properly communicate with others!

Daddy's right. I'm too dependent. Once he gets back, I need to ask him to help me learn to take care of myself. Maybe he could find me a book on ASL or something.

Nodding to herself at the plan, Daisy finishes the last bite of her sandwich and moves on to coloring. I'll color Daddy some pictures for when he gets back.

Frowning in concentration, she begins shading in the partitioned blank spaces. When she is satisfied at the picture's quality, she happily moves to the bottom corner of the paper and signs it.

To: Daddy
From: Daisy

She follows her name with a little heart and smiles to herself. Daisy sets the picture on the counter to give to Daddy later and stands for a moment, contemplating. Now what?

She doesn't particularly feel like coloring another picture right now, and she's not hungry, either. I miss Daddy.

Sighing a bit sadly, Daisy meanders to the bedroom, finding the sheets and fluffy blanket laying there all too tempting. She slides onto the bed, lying on Jerome's pillow. When she discovers that it smells like him, she sits up, clutching the pillow to her chest and face.

Comforted, the girl wraps herself and the pillow up in the fluffy blanket and sits on the bed like a warm and fuzzy burrito. Having something of his makes her feel better, not as alone. Daisy closes her eyes and snuggles into the safe embrace of the blanket.

The blanket around her ears slightly muffles the sound of leaves crinkling outside, and Daisy allows herself to feel comforted by the sounds of nature. The breeze softly moving through the trees, branches knocking against the windows. The chirping of birds and the fluttering of their wings as they take a hasty flight. Squirrels chittering in agitation and climbing higher into the branches.

"GCPD! Open this door or we are breaking it down and coming in!" A booming voice shouts from the front door area.

Daisy shoots up in the bed. Why in the world are the police here?

She's unwrapping herself from the blankets, preparing to go answer the door when she hears a loud crash that she assumes is the door bursting open. Daisy would've shrieked, but as it is she just ducks, putting her arms over her head.

Loud footsteps sound in the living area as the officers storm into the cottage. Daisy huddles further into the blanket, grasping desperately at Jerome's pillow like it will somehow protect her. Suddenly, a cop comes into the room, gun raised and pointed at her.

"Hands up, GCPD! Who are you, and where is Jerome Valeska?" Jim Gordon demands.

Helpless, Daisy raises her hands as he asks, but just shakes her head at his request to speak.

"I'm Detective Jim Gordon of the GCPD. I need to know who you are, and the location of Jerome Valeska. We received a tip that he was hiding out at this location," Jim repeats.

Unable to answer, Daisy shakes her head again and begins to move her hands down to try to sign a response, but Jim yells at her to keep her hands up.

"Alvarez! Give me some backup in here please," he shouts into the other room. "Miss, I need you to slowly stand up and put your hands on your head. I'm going to pat you down for weapons. Do you have anything illegal on you, or anything that could hurt me?"

Daisy shakes her head no and stands up, moving away from the bed slightly with her hands on her head. Another man enters the room and holds her at gunpoint as Jim slowly approaches her and pats her down, finding nothing in her sleepwear of Jerome's clothes.

"Now I know you understand me since you did as I asked, but I need you to answer my questions or I'll assume you are Jerome Valeska's accomplice," Jim says.

Daisy slowly removes one hand from her head, and Jim raises his gun threateningly. She moves the hand to her own throat, pointing to it and shaking her head. She puts the hand back over her head and moves the other one, holding them both over her head as she tries to sign a spelled out an explanation.

Jim sighs in exasperation and lowers his gun. "You can't speak? I don't know sign language."

Daisy nods her head in response and puts her hands back on her head.

"Alright, well since we don't know your relation to this case or if our tip was correct, we're going to detain you and take you back to the station for questioning. We can get a specialist to communicate with you," Jim says. "Walk ahead of me out of the house."

Daisy does as he says, numb with fear and confusion as she finds herself climbing into the back of a police car in her sleepwear. Not that I have any real clothes of my own, anyway.

Jim climbs into the driver's seat and pulls away, returning to the station. Out of sight, Tabitha watches the scene with satisfaction. She waits until the cars are out of sight to call her brother.

"It's done. They've got her."

—————————————————————
A/N
Happy Friday! Sorry to start your weekend off with this twist, but how many of you saw it coming? Theo did kind of outline his plan earlier. Hope you guys enjoyed, and if you did, please vote and comment to let me know!
Gingy