6: Tournament

"You...." a furious blush builds up in his cheeks. "How and why..."

My mind was blank. I couldn't fathom the thought that Jungkook had found out about my gender- I was intending to keep it a secret; until we graduated.

"I..."  overwhelming feelings begin to build up in my chest, and I choked, blurting out, "I just wanted to be like you."

"Me?" a puzzled look materialised on his face. I proceeded to explain that he was my one and only idol- that he had changed my life ever since I saw his very first tournament.

"Oh...." Jungkook diverts his eyes to the side, his cheeks flushing a fluroscent red.

"You...."  He steals a glance at me before averting it away again. "I mean- Soa.....did you really like me that much?"

It was my turn to blush. "Yeah."

At that point, Jungkook seemed a flustered mess. He covers his face, before gently letting my hand go. "Sorry, I-"  he looks everywhere but me. "I can't really handle girls..."

"Am I a bother?" I looked up at him, and our eyes locked for a moment.

"No! No....absolutely not."  He answers suddenly, panic written in his eyes. "I think you're really passionate about boxing, so..."

"I'll take good care of you."  Jungkook pets my head gently.

___________________________________________

<3RD PERSON POV>

"Jungkook. What's on your mind lately?" Jimin questions as he wipes the sweat off his abdomen.

"N-nothing."  He answers, fiddling with his fingers. But he knew it wasn't just nothing- he had been up all night thinking about Soa. In fact, all he could think of was Soa. So when Soa walked into the boxing room, his heart did a flip.

"I bought drinks!"  Soa comes in with a gleam on her face, and a bunch of canned drinks in her arms. Jungkook's heart almost stopped when he witnessed the sight- he didn't get it. Why was he always nervous around her, and even more so now? The weird feeling in his chest; it grew with each passing day.

Soa puts down the canned drinks on the bench. As she reaches in to take one however- the tip of her hands touches Jungkook's.

And almost immediately, the both of them recoiled.

"What's the matter?"  Jimin leans over from the boxing ring to witness the both of them blushing. Soa steals a glance at Jungkook who was ruffling his hair nervously.

"Uhm. Here you go..." Soa passes a drink to Jungkook, and he accepts it slowly.

"Speaking of which, don't you have a tournament coming up soon?"  Jimin suddenly gestures to Jungkook who was sipping on his drink.

"Yeah. And I intend to win." He replies enthuastically, a bunny smile plastered on his face. Jungkook then turns to Soa, who was staring at him in awe.

"Soa,"  he places a hand onto hers.

"Will you come watch my tournament?"

__________________________________________

A/N: coming up- Jungkook's tournament, a conflict, new characters and more!