11. The Meet-Up

"Ha...neul...?" Jungkook's face twisted into disbelief.

When a petite figure appears from behind Jimin with a sweet smile on her face, Jungkook is reminded of the horrible past. His eyebrows furrow together, eyes glaring intently at the girl. "What do you want?" He demanded an answer.

Haneul's eyes flared for a second, before turning back into her sweet demeanor. "Come-on, don't be so cold. It's as if you've seen a monster or something."

"Excuse me." Jungkook says to Jimin, before walking right past them. Haneul's face twisted in annoyance.

I was still lying painfully in bed when the door seems to unlock. It alarms me and I fumble around to look like I'm doing something— until I saw what I didn't expect. A girl.

Our eyes interlocked and she suddenly changes, smiling sweetly at me. "Are you Jungkook's roommate?" She asks.

I nod. Somehow, I don't get a very good feeling out of this person.

"Sweet timing. Can I just have a small talk?" She tilts her head innocently, eyes sparkling in anticipation. This girl seemed really familiar, as if I've seen her somewhere...in a picture.

Even though I stayed quiet, hesitating, she helped herself into the room anyway. Sitting down with her little dress, she crosses her legs femininely, staring intently at me.

"So, Jungkook's roommate. Are you also a boxer?" She asks, waving her manicured nails in the air.

"Yeah. May I know who are you?" I questioned cautiously.

"Kim Haneul. Jungkook's old friend." She explains with a giggle. "I wanted to ask, does he have a girlfriend currently?"

With that, I froze. This girl....what does she want to do?

"He does." I lie. Regret soon hit me like a wave as soon as the words come out of my mouth. Who was I to lie to such a sweet girl like her...?

"Hmm.....well, it doesn't matter." Haneul  giggles. A bad feeling once again, occupies my heart.

"Does Jungkoo—

Haneul was about to ask another question when Jungkook bursts into the room, panting hard. His eyes lit up when he sees me, but flared in anger when he sees Hanuel beside me.

"What are you doing? Get out." He glares.

It was the first time I've seen Jungkook this angry. Maybe it's because that he's always so gentle with me, that it was rare to see this side of him. His expression was so cold, it was almost...unfamiliar to me.

"Jungkook. Why don't you come to our past school's boxing club meeting session? For old time's sake." She smiles at him.

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, before rejecting.

"Come on. We all miss you. Besides....Kwon Jaegyu is coming. You know, the up and coming young boxer? He's been in several sports magazines, and he wants to see you for some reason." Haneul explains. "Maybe he wants to do a private match with you."

Jungkook seems to recall something, then looks back at Haneul. He hesitates for a while before coming to a decision.

"Alright," he says.

"I'll go to the meetup."

[Unedited]

A/N: what could happen? Stay updated for the next chapter!