chapter 8

Thank you all for your votes

Ashley's pov

You know that moment when you want to forget everything around you? That's what I'm feeling now but it's not working.. I tried to go back to sleep but it's not working.

My alarm made the annoying sounds it was made for and I stopped it.

I took my shower and picked out a black long pencil skirt, a nude top and a matching nude heels. I grabbed my bag and other necessary items I Know I would need and drove to the office.

I took a deep breath and relaxed before walking towards the door. As I entered everywhere was oddly quiet. As I entered my office my assistant came running into my office making me so shocked.

"Good morning ma'am Ashley" she said her cheeks red. I smiled "wha--" I couldn't even finish my statement when she cut me off "ma'am the new boss is here and already asking of you" that statement alone gave me shivers.

She continued blabbing God knows what "He's so so hot, I mean everyone's drooling over him. Soo yum--" "Alright, alright I know you don't have to tell me" I said walking pass her to Mr Johnson's office where they said He was.

I knocked, no reply thank God i smiled to myself but fate must really hate me when I heard a "come in". I took a deep breath. And here goes nothing.

I opened the door and walked inside "Good morning sir" I greeted Mr and then I turned to  Him "good day sir" I said giving a fake smile acting cool when inside I'm nothing but cool.

I turned to Mr Johnson " you sent for me sir" I asked sweetly
"Ah yes I wanted you to meet your new boss "Mr Ashton Stone, you have to know him so you would be able to work with him".

Ashton Stone…. That name.

So I nodded and sat very far away from him but that didn't stop the intense gaze he was boring on my body.

"And you have to travel to Boston where you would be working with him bec-"the other words fell on deaf ears.

"What" I yelled

"move to Boston" I whispered.

The memories

Those memories came flooding back to me. My father leaving us, my mama not showing up on my graduation, Ashton. No, no I'm not doing that.

"Why" I asked Mr Johnson
"Look Ashley it's for the company, for your dreams. You do absolutely well so it's sort of a promotion"

"I quit" I said standing up ready to leave the office when Mr Johnson spoke up "What about the promise you made to me Ash? You want to break them all because you can't face your fears? What about your promise of helping my wife?" He asked with a low voice.

Damn I'm not a bad person, so those words he said pierced my heart. That's true tho I needed to face my fears. So I did the only thing that could change my whole life, I changed my mind.

"When are we leaving" I asked turning to Ashton this time.
He looked good no more handsome if I may add but there's something with his feature damn he's nervous.

"Tomorrow morning. In my jet" he answered looking straight at me. And me being me I wouldn't back down so I held his gaze.

I saw several emotions in his eyes pain, regret, hope and love. I heard someone cough so I shifted my gaze to Mr Johnson, I nodded also walked out.

******
Finally lovelies 😁

I finished this chapter

Please vote 🙏🙏