Chapter 18

Hey guys sorry for the  late update
I want to dedicate this chapter to @jenny1259 for her support and votes.
Thanks alot

Enjoy 😘

Ashley's pov

What is he doing here?? 
Now my alone time's  gonna be ruined.

I sighed and faced my back to him and me facing the lake with lotus flowers everywhere. I just wanted the pain to go away.  I want to be free and when I mean free I mean  the life I had before  my problems.

I heard some one cough..... but I didn't  turn around  cause I knew  who it was.

"Um c.. can I join you?" I heard him say.

I nodded my head

We stood there for I don't know how long but all I knew was that I was already shivering from the cold.

Damn it, how could I forget to bring a blanket with me.

I was startled when I  felt something placed on my shoulder which made me warm.  I looked up to find him looking down back at me.

I looked away first and sighed.

There was no need for him to impress me now. My mind has been made up though. I'm leaving for New York city tomorrow and I don't plan on coming back here.

I removed the suit jacket and handed it back to him with a small smile.

"Thanks but I was about leaving anyway " I said trying not to be rude and trying to make him take the jacket back.

His eyes widened and his rambling started "No, I don't mind you can have it. Just take it. I mean you can keep it for how long you want,  I don't need it. You ah... " I laughed as he rambled in and on.

I mean he was so cute doing that.
Cute!! Really my mind mocked. My laughter subsided and I turned to look at him to find his ears pink.

  He fimally took his jacket back from me after all my pushing that I was okay.

I giggled but suddenly frowned when this thought came invading my mind.

You know you are supposed to hate him not the other way round. But on  the other hand I wanted to let all my past be past.
It was called past for a reason and I want to let go all the past so I can be able to move on.

We stood watching the waves in silence with the cool breeze fanning my face making my hair fly to all directions.

I patted my wild hair and tried putting it in order so it could maintain.

I felt something or should I say someone tugging my hair.. I lifted my hand to swap whatever it was away but I ended up holding a hand on my hair.

I looked up to find him looking at me as well.

Well this is awkward

"Sorry" he said breaking the silence
"Your hair flew on my face and I tried removing it "

"Oh sorry " I said taking the band on my wrist to tie my hair

"No I didn't mean it that way, i like your hair, its okay I just....  I love seeing your hair down,  I was just trying to fix it since the wind blew it out of position " he said looking scared like a kid found stealing candy.

I just nodded my head but tied my hair anyway.

I checked the time and shoot it was almost twelve. I cleared my throat "um I gotta go now if I want to get home on time. I also got a flight to catchbin the morning"

I waited and No reply so I just turned to leave.  I've already walked three steps when he yelled my name to stop

"Um i- its late and I can drop you"
I raised my brows
"I meant to say that you won't find any cab this hour. I mean its almost midnight and I c-can drop you off"

He's really trying hard
"Don't worry, I don't want to stress you and I walked here so I can also walk back. I better start going now"

I turned to walk again but he stoped me by holding my arm tightly

Well I was getting irritated now.  I looked at his hand on my arm and   raised my brows to question him for his actions.

He released my arm as if realizing his mistake "I'm sorry did I hurt you? " he asked taking my arm to inspect it

I pulled my arm away from his grip. I looked down so I could blink back the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes.

I just walked away.  It's better this way right??         
with no one caring I think its better. I don't want to be a burden to anyone.  I don't want to trust anyone anymore because they will end up going away from me.

******†****†******
Another update
Thanks for all your support
It means a lot

Nittaporch💖