chapter 16

The playlist for this chapter......
Khalid- young_Dumb Broke_....

Ashley's pov

Holy shit......oh no not again

They were standing there looking at me. They didn't seem shocked or surprised. Me on the other hand was surprised no shocked no not that frozen and I was far from okay when the past I hid at the back of my head started surfacing again. When my father left us, when Ashton left, when Mom didn't attend my graduation, when Mom was kissing the same man who broke us.

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I blinked them back. I counted one to ten inside my head and calmly walked passed them and opened the door and walked out. I'm not so in the mood for all this. I looked around and spotted my driver allocated to me at the far end damn it I decided to walk to the car. I haven't even taken two steps when I heard my name and I took a deep breath turned it was my mom, how could I forget her voice.

"Baby please, pl-ease do-nt go" my mother said stumbling on her words because she was crying. "Please ca-can we talk?" She asked while my so called father was standing beside her, his head hanging low.
I scoffed "what now" I said calmly when I was nothing but calm inside.
"Can we talk" she repeated again nervously.
"I don't think I have ti-" but was cut off.
"Please Ashley" my father said stepping forward. Wow that was a first. His voice is still the same as before since he left me when I was still in high school.
"You can start now, I don't think I have time" I snapped. By now my mother was staring at me.
"At least let is go in-"
"Whatever you want to say, say it now" I yelled. I couldn't hold my tears anymore, I needed answers for the questions that has been bugging me the whole time.
"How have you been, we looked for you every where since you left Ashley. Why did you leave like th-"
"Why did I leave the way I did?" I spitted out, and continued "did you realize that the day you two were sucking each other's faces was my graduation? Did you" I asked facing my mom
No reply
I snorted "I thought so, of course you didn't know when you travelled and left me home ALONE for days all because you went to God knows where. I bet it's because you wanted to meet the same man who made us suffer. You didn't even attend my graduation". I wanted to let it all out, I wanted to feel free again.
"Why did you leave?" I asked turning to the ma-   my dad if I must say.
"We had everything, we were happy, living a good life until one fateful day dad was nowhere to be found. My hero was no where to be found when I needed him the most. Why?"
No reply

Damn it this is driving me crazy no one's answering me. "Answer me damn it"I yelled
"Please don't stress your self let us go out fr---" mum was saying but I cut her off
"Wow" I said sarcastically
"Nice way to change the subject. I want answers damn it or is it because you never cared or y--"
"No I did, we did" my father replied
"Then tell me, why" I replied weakly. I was tired already "To ask for a perfect family, is that too much to ask for?" And I turned to leave "Ashley" what now? This time it was Ashton.
"You wanted something?" I asked
"I-we I uh wanted to talk to you" he said defeatedly
"I'm sorry I don't want to stay here anymore, no one is giving me answers I need. Nobody cares if I leave or not. My own family doesn't care, you the best friend I thought I had didn't care, so why do y'all care now?"
"Ashley please, it's not like that" he said and his eyes were already watery.
"I will send my resignation letter on Monday, I quit I don't want to stay in a place which has always brought me pain".
"Please pretend you never saw me" I said to my parents.

And then I left. I realized there was nothing for me here.

**†***†****†***†

Finally....it's over. What do you think of this chapter??

Please vote and comment.

Nittaporch cares💖💖