Chapter 32

Happy new year...

Ashley's pov

Okay baby, I want you to take a deep breath. I know you can do this, they are your parents and they love you and miss you just like you did. Now c'mon " Ashton said caressing my cheeks.

"Your sure I shouldn't come with you?  Will you be okay? What if you freak out and you need me? " He asked not liking the idea of me going alone to see my... Parents.

" N-no I think I'll be fine Ashton, I want to do this on my own" I said taking a deep breath to calm my nervous self.

"I'm so proud of you my love. You are the strongest woman I've ever met. Even I cannot do what you are doing right now. And I'm so glad you are all mine".  He said emphasizing on the last two words. " you will do fine okay " he added squeezing my cold  fingers and placing a kiss on them with his warm lips.

"Make sure you call me immediately you are done to tell me you are okay. Yeah?  I'll come pick you up " he  finished.  I nodded my head and looked through the car window to see the lights still on.  They are awake and they are at home. Okay.

I felt the car door open and I looked up to find Ashton looking at me. I gave him a smile hoping it didn't look like a grimace.

"You can do this" he murmured taking me in his arms and burying his nose in the crook of my neck. "And don't forget ro call me when your done okay " he murmured in my neck making me shiver. 

He released me and nudged me to go forward. I looked at him and he motioned to the door with his head.

When I got to the door he called me which made me turn back.
"I love you sweetheart " he mouthed and I smiled and mouthed back an "I love you too ". He smiled and drove off. 

I took a deep breath "you can do this Ashley " I murmured.
I knocked on the door.

No reply

I knocked again.

Still no reply.

I waited for some minutes before turning around to leave when suddenly... The door opened revealing my father.

He look annoyed at first "what... "Then he froze when he saw me.
"Ashley" he whispered.
He looked at me in shock. His eyes widened when he saw me. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes like he could not believe I was here standing right in front of him.

"Lily! Honey" he called out my mother's name.
After some seconds, she came out  "Yes hon...   Oh my God" she whispered her palms covering her mouth when she saw me.

"Is she real " my father whispered but I heard since I was not far from them

My mom stepped forward towards me looking at me from top to bottom not knowing if she should touch me or not .

I took a little moment to stare at them. My father now has a few grey hairs  hairs scattered on different spots on his head making him look older with some wrinkles on his face.
My mother on the other hand still looked young but not too young. She too has Few stands of grey hairs. Her eyes are hollow. And there are so many wrinkles on her face like she hasn't smiled in a long while.

I looked from my father to my mother not knowing what to do. Now I realised I missed them so much. I missed their hugs, Our bickering  and all.
Oh God!  Tears fell from my eyes.
"Daddy, Mommy" I whispered and they both gasped with the tears in  their eyes. "Oh my God" my mother whispered not believing I called her  mommy.

I could see they didn't know what to do. They didn't know if they should touch me or not because of their outstretched arms.

I don't care anymore. I ran towards them and embraced them tightly.
"Daddy, Mommy " I said louder this time.
"My little princess " my dad cried hugging me closer to his large frame. We cried for I don't know how long until we separated and I turned to my mother who left us to our father and daughter moment.
"Baby I'm sorry " my mom whispered hugging me so tightly.
"Its alright mom I'm here now". I  said softly.

After we wiped our tears and cooled down, I decided to lessen the tension in the air. 
"Um c-can I come in, I'm catching a cold " I asked softly

"Nonsense. You don't have to ask. It's your home too " my father exclaimed opening the door wider for me to enter. But my mother was still pressing my body to hers.

"Come on honey. Only you don't get to  hug her for a long time" my dad whined and I smiled remembering those times we were happy.

Tears fell from my eyes.
"Let her come in your making her cry" my dad said in an alarming manner.
"Oh no I didn't m... "
" its okay mom. I'm okay. Now let's go in I have a whole lot to tell you guys"  I said like a child gesturing big  when I said a whole lot.

"Ohh we know. We too" my dad said laughing.

**

I narrated all that has happened since I left to my parents and my father  almost took his car keys to go to Ashton to give him  'a piece of his mind '.

"You both c'mere" dad whispered with tears in his eyes.

He embraced us tightly whispering
'My Family '

okayyy guys.

Sorry for the late update.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter?

One chapter to go :(

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment.

«nini»