Chapter 21

Word count: 4462

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Deidre Thompson stared at the place with wide eyes, her heart stopping in her chest.

"I-I don't understand. What is this?"

"This is a strip club, Deidre. Have you ever been to one?"

Deidre could only shake her head in response. She had never even heard of such a place. "N-No. I don't even understand. What is this place?"

"Take it as a place where you can come to dance. Although you will be half naked. And other people will get to watch you."

"It seems wrong. It looks so wrong. Is it forbidden?"

"No. Of course not, I would never force you to do such a thing. This is completely harmless. All you need to do is dance, just in front of all those people," Bruce lied through gritted teeth. "There is nothing dangerous about dancing."

"But-But in front of all those men. I don't know how I feel about this."

Deidre flinched when Bruce's hand rested on her shoulder, giving her -what seemed like- a comforting smile. "I thought you wanted to help your family, wanted to pay for their debts, financial issues. And the only way for them to get out of them, is for someone to pay the bills. And you can do it the best way."

"All I will be doing is dancing?"

"Absolutely. Now go follow this girl, she will show you what to do."

The girl wanted to protest, but decided not to when she caught the look Bruce was giving her.

And then a thought occurred, the one which pushed her towards the woman who was standing there, only in underwear. The one memory from earlier of the day, when she had Thomas pay for her stuff, since she had no money. Deidre didn't want it to happen again, even though the boy had been nice about it.

Every move the girl made, it looked a whole lot more forbidden, abominable, they made her want to run away. But she sucked it up, stayed still even when the woman ushered her to the dance floor.

Deidre Thompson was a fast learner. The one who could pick up anything with a single finger in seconds. Every time she had been taught something, she would have understood it with one try.

And by the time she had gotten on that stage, she had learned every single move, memorised it in the back of her mind, so whenever she needed, she could easily have it out.

When she began dancing, she felt as if all of her insecurities had been pushed away. Even though there was an awful feeling inside her, the one which clearly notified her how wrong it was. What she was doing. That it was going to have a terrible outcome.

But Deidre didn't care, all she cared about was her family. She wanted to do it so her family could have a normal life, a financially stable one. One where she would not be guaranteed to ask her friends for money, anyone else, where she could pay for her own things without any worry.

She craved for a normal life.

Bruce continued to stand there, joy gloating inside him at the thought. The thought of his plan succeeding.

Like expected, she had done exactly as he had wished for.

She had given him her trust, which was the most irresponsible thing.

The man stood there, taking a sip of the drink the bartender had offered. The owner of the most despicable business in the pack, the one which had people running away from it. Had them moving away so one would not get caught.