Chapter 25

Word count: 4131

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Thomas's words had done a huge damage to the poor girl.

The words he had spoken, had dug into her mind and she could not get them out. Over the past couple of days, Deidre would constantly be thinking of them.

Deidre could not understand what she had done to deserve such gruesome words. Everything with Thomas had been well before, they had gotten along well, so why had his mood done a double switch?

The girl could not even consider the option of what she had said in the morning of the day. The rejection she had given him could not cross her mind. Of course, she did not believe her words had stung him so hard that they left a wound unhealed.

Deidre still saw Thomas at school, but he would not even pay attention to her, at least that was what she thought. Every time the girl would glance in his direction, Thomas would look away, as if she was not there. Even during class, when she would sit next to him in their usual spot, he would not pay attention to her, sometimes even leave in the middle of class.

Deidre fixed her side-braid, the one that was messy now that she had slept with it. Although she did not care about it. These days she did not give a single care about her looks, since she truly felt as if she had no one to impress.

Deidre figured as if the reasons why she wore dresses all the time was for Thomas, since he was the one she felt the need to impress daily. Deidre needed to have his stare at his body at all times, so he could not even look away.

The girl shook those thoughts away and instead grabbed her backpack to get ready for school. And she froze midway of stepping inside the classroom, already spotting Thomas sitting in their usual seat. The boy seemed to be lost in thoughts as he stared down at the table, eyebrows knitted together.

Deidre tightened the straps of her backpack, making her way to the daydreaming boy. She noticed the way he glanced up for a moment the second she sat down. Deidre set her bag on the ground, by the desk, while getting out her books. Her mood dropped as Thomas shifted away from her a little.

Although, little did she know that the reason Thomas looked away, was not because he hated her. It was the complete opposite. Thomas could not be around, even look at the girl because it hurt too much.

At first, he thought if he hurt Deidre as much as she had done with him, then everything would be okay, but it wasn't.

Since this is usually how it is. We always want to pay back the people who have hurt us, but in the end it hurts us even more.

Saying something terrible to the person who has hurt you, can cause a lot more damage, even mess with your mind.

Thomas regretted everything he had said to Deidre that day, he wanted to take it all back. But there was a part of him that told him not to, that protested to it all. Or maybe it was just him. Maybe he could not have the guts to confess, to apologise to the person he had ever loved. The only person.

Thomas stole a glance at his mate the moment he felt something warm and soft touch his hand. And when he saw what she was doing, he had the urge to cry. Her hand was reaching towards his, until their fingers were intertwined together.

Deidre felt bold and maybe it was because she craved for his touch, that it made her take such an action.

Of course Thomas believed her touch would be able to calm down the raging feelings inside, the uncontrollable need. But it only made it worse, it made his hormones lose control, the anger he had been keeping inside for what felt like ever, was boiling. And most of all, the heartbreak he had been feeling since the day everything had been ruined, came rushing back.