Chapter 33

*SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT*

Word count: 4702

DEIDRE

Thomas's hands framed my face, kissing me deeper.

"I love you. I freaking love you," he murmured, fisting his fingers in my hair.

I drew back a little, grinning happily. "I love you. I love you a lot. I can't believe we haven't done this before."

"I know," he said, thumb trailing my cheek.

I smiled, removing his hands from my face and instead holding one in mine. "Come on."

Thomas's eyes bugged out a bit at my proposition. "Really?"

"Yeah. Let's go inside. It's kind of cold." I dragged him slowly inside until we ended up in my room. "I have missed you. I still miss you. Is this crazy?"

"Absolutely not," he protested.

I sat down on the bed, pulling him down with me. "So tell me about this mate-bond. I want to know more about it. I know a few things, but not much."

"Well, basically it means soulmates. Mates are the most important people to each other. They have this instant connection as soon as they meet. There is no one else they will ever be connected with as much as with the mate." Thomas chuckled when I frowned, wanting to know more. "Okay. For example, let's bring Jonathan and Erin."

"They are mates?"

"Yes, Princess, they are. Have you seen the way they are around each other? It's as if they can't get enough. They cannot stay away from one another for long because it will harm them physically, drain them emotionally. That's the thing with mates, the distance is the worst, it can mess with your mind, especially after being marked."

I elevated a brow. "Marked?"

Thomas nodded, moving until he ended up sitting behind me. "Yeah. Marked. It's a process where we will be bound together forever and no one will ever be able to break it. It's one of the ways of sealing the bond for an eternity."

"How does it work?"

My breathing hitched when his lips touched my bare shoulder, pushing off the top I had been wearing. "I will need to bite you right... here."

I shivered when he placed a kiss right where my neck and shoulder met, lips closing in before sucking gently. My head tilted to the side involuntarily. "L-Like this?"

"Not precisely, but close," he subdued, gripping my hip with his other hand, while one moved my hair away to give him better access. "I've missed you. I've missed this."

My mouth dropped open slightly as his hand trailed lower, under my skirt, cupping me. My head fell back against his shoulder at the small move, breathing sped up as I stared down at what he was doing.

"Did you miss me?" he queried, teeth nibbling on my earlobe. "Have you missed what we have done whenever alone? Do you miss me touching you?"

All I could muster on was nodding. "Yes. So much."

And just as the answer had left, I was on my back on the bed with him hovering over me, lips planted on mine. A deep chuckle rumbled from him as I looped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Thomas retreated for a second, just to pull off his shirt and my hoodie, leaving us both bare from the waist up.

This was the first time he had seen anything above the hips and I didn't know how to feel about it.

I wished to shy away, feeling insecure about my body. I was not a big girl, I was the complete opposite of it. Self-consciousness was brought up as his eyes darkened while lingering on the smallest of details, from the small chest to the slim stomach.