Chapter 7

I take a deep breath as I walk into the school. I decided to go to school, but not confront him, at least not yet. Today I am going to try my damn best to avoid him. I am terrified what would happen if he actually catches me. Numerous thoughts roam through my head like he could freak out or change and start to bully me like everyone else. I sigh at how truthful that the latter option is. No one has ever wanted to be my friend so what makes him different? I was never supposed to be here in the first place. I have and always will be the mistake. The people who bully me always say that when they beat me up. It is so much of a habit that I am use to it. No one cares for me. No one would ever let me be a part f their family. There is a reason that I was never put in an orphanage.

I was always unwanted by everyone at school and at home so why should I be in an orphanage. It doesn't matter any way. I'm  old enough to take care of myself. Now that I think about it I probably have a good few more years before I die from starvation which will be a relief for everyone.

My feet continue to move to my locker where I quickly grab my books and go to class. I see Ryder looking around by his friends, probably looking for his girlfriend or a possible lay. I don't understand why he even bothers trying to get to know me. I am probably a charity case for him and he has to pretend to love and care for me when in reality I mean nothing to him. My eyes wander back to the floor as I quickly avoid him and go to my class. When I reach it I sigh in relief from the luck I am having. No confrontation. No bulling, at least not yet. Today might be better than any other day I have had in a long time.

I continue to go on with my day until lunch. It was going so well too. I was able to avoid Ryder and the bullies, but you can't escape anyone during lunch. I sigh as I continue to walk to the lunch room very slowly. I needed to stop at my locker, but when I got there I saw my bullies looking for me. These were the main people that torture me from year one. There was probably 13 of them and I knew that I will be soar for a long time. When I walk up to them I see a tall guy smile at me evilly and I know the beatings begin.

Each person had about 5 minutes each to punch, kick, slap, and do whatever else they did to hurt me. They yelled cruel names at me and encouraged each other to break me. After the first 3 I went numb and couldn't feel a thing from them. I look down at the ground the whole time as they continue to beat me wherever they can get to. After the last person went I heard a yell down the hall. The bullies freaked out and ran away from getting injured. One of them gave me a last good kick in the gut sending me into another world of pain that has me gasping for air.

The guy that yelled came running to me dropping to his knees in a state of anger. He touched my body lightly hitting my bruises every time his touch softly pressed down on my skin. I cried out which caused him to pull away and then lifted up my face softly. 

I was so terrified of who would care so much for me and how he was able to scare away 13 of my bullies. My eyes connected with brown ones that I have come to know of which were Ryder Lockhart.