Chapter 27

I woke up engulfed in Ryder's muscular arms. The last thing I remember is crying myself to sleep on the couch. Everything started to come back full force. The shopping trip, meeting the pack, eating alone. I felt a new round of tears start to form, but I quickly pushed them away as I felt Ryder move next to me. My face was under his chin with my arms held against my chest. I tried to move my arms, but they felt numb to me and it didn't help that Ryder was in the way of letting me stretch them out. I flip onto my back and Ryder still had his arm wrapped around my waist. I tried to move them again, but they didn't budge. I then sat up getting fed up with my numb arms. Immediately when I sat up my arms fell to my sides. I tried to move them, but they were incredibly numb. I started to freak out a little at be so numb. 

Ryder soon woke up a few minutes later and got a confused look at my stressed out face. I look at him then turned the other way. I couldn't let him see me like this. "Hey," he spoke softly, "What's wrong?"

"I can't move my arms." I couldn't look at him as the embarrassment took over. 

He picked up my arms they were dead. He shook them and I couldn't feel anything. Ryder then dropped them and they landed in an awkward position. I couldn't feel what it was like because of being numb. "I guess they really are numb. Let me try to help with this." He flipped me so that I was facing him again. Ryder made me sit on his lap and I fell off immediately. My arms couldn't hold onto anything, but Ryder immediately caught me and grabbed my arms. He started to rub my arms and I got this tingly sensation like little needles poking up and down my arms. I was finally able to feel his warm hand rubbing my arms. 

"Thank you," I repaid him with a hug and a light kiss on the cheek. He returned the hug and I felt him smile really big on the side of my neck. He started to peck my neck lightly before he stopped and pulled away from me. He still had his arms around my waist, but a confused expression filled his face.

"Why didn't you come to dinner last night and why did you fall asleep on the couch?" I'm not going to tell him about the part when I felt unworthy because he would go up in a fit about that. 

"I couldn't face the pack yet. I didn't want to take you away from your pack and besides I only saw one chair in there open. I knew that one was for you and I didn't want to worry you. I let you go ahead so that you could go and have a good time. I knew I would just ruin everyone's dinner if I joined. I came up here afterwards. I ate dinner on the couch and I got sleepy so I fell asleep. There's not much to say about it." He sighs and hugs me closer to him. I think he knew I was lying a little, but he didn't say anything.

"I will make sure by tonight that there is an extra chair for you right beside me. Don't forget that you are the Luna of the pack now. You are going to be spending a lot of time with them so you might as well try getting to know them. I will introduce a few at dinner to you, but you have to be braver and not afraid. Just remember that if they give you any trouble then come to me immediately." I nod my head and took a deep breath. That's true of what he said and if I don't make a good impression then my life will just become harder. I hug him back and we finally pull away.

He kept his promise at dinner. At first I was a little shy, but after talking to the girl next to me I became a bit more comfortable. After dinner Ryder and I headed back to our room, I am just facing the facts that he and I will be together, and got ready for bed. Ryder whispered in my ear just before I fell asleep "We have school tomorrow."

***************************************************************************************************************

I woke up to an annoying alarm clock. I whacked my hand around until I shut it up. I slowly got up only to be tugged back into Ryder's chest. I don't have time for this. With school today I have to get ready and figure out how to get there. Ryder can't drive me there because that would ruin his school reputation and my bullies will bully him.