Chapter 5

Coloured Emotions

🔥🌹✨🔥✨🌹🔥

Melody slowly wake up and sits upright on the couch as she stretch her stiff arms in the air. The woman rubs the sleepiness from her eyes as she sets her foot on the floor, looking up around the office to make sure she was alone in there which she is. The girl pulls her phone out and checks the time, it's around 6PM.

Seemed like she got the rest she needed, the girl stands up as she notices her hair being a tangled mess. She shrugs as she gets up from the couch and walks over to the window and looks out, there's a lot of demons outside in the city. Well it is almost nighttime and they're more out of their comfort zones at night like zombies. Melody turns away from it and walks over to the table, she pulls one of the drawers to pull out a hair brush that she kept in there for no reason.

The girl pulls off her hair tie off her hair and pulls it over her shoulder, starting to brush it as she sits on the chair by the table. She wonders what the others are doing by now, the girl start humming a song as she listen to her hair being softly brushed. She stopped humming when the door was knocked, it was a normal kind of knock. Not in a melodious tune like how Alastor does,

"Come in." She says as she stops brushing her hair. The door opens and a head peeks in, her soft dark purple ombre hair shining a little from the small source of light from the table. The girl smiles when her eye were met with Melody's, the said girl raise her eyebrows in question. The girl walks in and closes the door behind her with her heel, she walks up to Melody and smiles.

"Hey, hun." She greets, Melody blinks and breaks eye contact with the taller girl.

"Hello." She reply in monotone as she continue to brush her hair,

'Angel was right about how hard it is to strike up a conversation with Melody.' Sin thought to herself as she pulls a chair and sits in front of the black haired girl across the table. They both sat in silence for a second before Sin spoke up, "You seem like you're struggling to brush your hair, can I help you?" She says as she stands up, Melody was about to protest but she did struggled a bit. Usually Charlie or Vaggie would help her but she was too tired to even get out of the office.

Melody nodded as she hands Sin the hair brush, the female takes it from her and walks behind her. She carefully pull her hair from her shoulder and begin brushing through it, gasped a little of how soft it's actually is.

"Wow, your hair is like a doll." She says as she brush it, noticing how her hair smelled like lavender. Melody only hummed, "Why is your hair so long? Don't you ever have the feel to cut it?" Sin asks as she softly brush the girl's hair. There's a pause before the girl fiddles with her thumb,

"I only cut it if I ever find the day I'd want to start a new life. I had planned to cut it if I ever managed to leave my country to go somewhere else with my friends.." She trails off, "But I was gone before it could happen." She adds. Sin was silent for a second, she stopped brushing and suddenly start to tie the girl's hair into a french braid.

"Hey, can I ask you a few questions? You don't have to answer if you don't wanna." She says as Melody wondered what the hell Sin is doing to her hair but she hummed in response. "When did you die and where are you from?"

"1929, the year of the Great Depression in New Orleans, Louisiana. I was originally from Japan, Osaka." Melody says as she fiddles with her glove that is only on her left hand since her right is bandaged. Sin suddenly stops, she looks up at Melody even though she could only see her head.

"W-What is your real name..?" She stutter out, Melody knitted her eyebrows in confusion. Why was Sin stuttering?

"Kana, Kana Katzuki." She finish, Sin stopped completely. It was silent in the room as Sin suddenly sniffled, Melody turns around to see tears welled up in her eye and a bit spilled from the blue orchid. Without warning, Sin hugs the girl tightly making the girl gasp in surprise. She didn't knew why she hugged her but Melody hugged back. For some reason, the hug felt familiar. Sin smelt like flowers, the forest and cookies. The girl pulls away as she holds Melody's shoulders.