𝟙𝟞- ✯ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤✯

We walked side by side, neither of us said a thing to the other. It was a comfortable silence, hand in hand we walked, that was until Jim stopped. He pulled me back a bit as Morph stopped next to Jim, I looked back at him"What?"

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, sitting down on a giant plant root he asked"Can we talk?" I nodded my head a bit and sat down next to him. My hands sat on my lap interlocked, patiently waiting for him to ask a question.

"(Y/n), look, I know that you don't want to tell me, and whatever is going on that's your business not mine. But if it's something bad please just talk to me, I want to help you.."

Jim looked over to me as I sighed and looked at the ground. "Alright, just... don't get mad at me, and don't say anything until I'm done talking. I just...." I sighed as he listened "I hate talking about this, and I never really wanted for you to find out, but you deserve to know at least something going on."

Jim sat there waiting for me to continue, I looked over only to see his eyes full of worry. "You already know that my mom died when I was pretty young. From cancer..." Jim nodded his head, and stayed silent " when she died, my dad....well he-....he started drinking....a lot..." by now I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"And-and he'd just constantly bring home girls, as if to try and fill this void in his chest. When he brought girls home I'd just lock myself in my room until the next day. It was an awful experience and I hate it, but there wasn't anything I could do about it...."

"Anyway, a couple years later the drinking got worse and.... well.." I sighed as I rolled up one of my sleeves, I ended up looking off to the side, not being able to face him.

"(Y/n).... did you do this...?"

His voice cracked a bit, I felt him gently grab my arm, tracing over each scar and bruise. Morph rubbed up against my cheek as if to cheer me up, but I ignored him as I answered Jim, trying not to look at him"The scars, are from me... but all these bruises, all this pain.... that was from him."

I glared at the ground in front of me, as I continued"my life has been so crappy for the past 8 years, but everyday, the only person that seems to cheer me up, is you Jim..." I finally looked over to him only to see a light pink color dust his cheeks.

"I'm just so ashamed about all this. I never wanted you to know about this side of me... I just- god. I hate this side of me so much, and-and I just hate myself and hate that I've been lying to you but-"

By this point I was crying as Jim grabbed my hands, cutting me off "hey, hey, hey. Look at me" he used one of his hands to move my head back over to face him. Jim wiped a couple of tears from my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"(Y/n), you are the most amazing girl ever. Whatever your dad has done to you makes me so enraged. When we get back home, I swear that you will never end back up with him ever again. Don't be ashamed, and don't hate yourself. You are so pretty, funny and smart...."

He paused, and looked like he was debating something before facing forward and turning away from me, I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off.

"(Y/n).... I actually have something I need to tell you...."

I wiped my face a bit and sniffled as I nodded for him to continue, I watched as his head turned slightly, catching me nod my head.

"For as long as I can remember, you have always been there for me. And I know that this might sound really weird to hear, but I need to get this off my chest without anymore interruptions." He cleared his throat and turned towards me grabbing both my hands in his as we stared at each other deeply.

"(Y/n), I like- no, I love you."

I stayed silent trying to process what he just said as he continued to talk "I understand if you don't feel the same, but I needed you to know just incase-"

I suddenly grabbed the collar of Jim's shirt cutting him off with a kiss. He was surprised at first but slowly started to kiss back as his arms made their way to my waist pulling me closer to him. One of my hands made it up to the back of his neck as the other played with the strands of hair at the top of his head.

Eventually the need for air took over, causing us to break the kiss. Leaning our foreheads together as we caught our breath, Jim said breathlessly"I'm guessing you love me too" we each had huge smiles on our faces as I laughed a bit and stood up.

I he watched as I grabbed his hand, interlocking our fingers"Come on, we need to keep looking" I went to tug him up when he said"Right...." pulling me back down on his lap so that I was straddling him, a smirk graced his lips as he said huskily"or we could just stay here" he was quick to kiss me, as an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to him. I kissed him back, but I was quick to break the kiss as I stood up shaking my head.

"No, lets go"

He chuckled"what? I was only kidding"

As I dragged him along to look for shelter.

(Kinda forgot about Morph in this chapter, woops🤭😂)