jealous

"It's stupid."
I shook my head, moving my hands to his shoulder and chest, "I doubt it."

He sighed while relaxing into his seat and letting go of the steering wheel. His eyes fell onto me before he mumbled, "I just got jealous."

"Jealous?" I didn't think I had heard him correctly, but when he didn't say anything I knew it was true. "Of what? The guy at the bar?"

He nodded before looking down at his hands in his lap.

"River, you have nothing to be jealous of. I'm with you. I came here with you, I'm dating you, we're already together."

"I know. I said it was stupid," he whispered.
"It's not stupid. But I want you to know that I only want to be with you. Why were you jealous?"

He didn't reply immediately, trying to think of a way to say what he was thinking, "I don't know, I just keep stressing about what we talked about a couple days ago. And how you might be here while I'm across the country for college. I know you said not to worry, but it's been on my mind a lot."

I moved my hands and tilted my head to the side to look at him better, "What does that have to do with the guy, though?"

He opened his mouth and closed it again.
"River the sooner you tell me, the quicker we can solve it."

He sighed, "But this isn't something we can just solve. I've seen the way people look at you, which would be fine if I didn't have this constant feeling that I'm not good enough. I love you more than anything, but I can't help but think one day you'll find someone better and-."

I lifted my hand and placed it over his mouth, "Even if people do look at me a certain way, I don't look back. I can't find someone better if the person I'm already with is perfect. It almost feels like you're doubting I'll stay loyal and keep my promises."

His eyes widened, but I still had my hand over his mouth so I continued, "I know that isn't what you meant, but worst case scenario, if what you think ends up happening, that would mean I wasn't loyal. And the last thing I'd ever do is hurt you. I love and care about you too much for some random person to change that. There's no one that would be a better person for me than you already are, River."

I moved my hand so he could speak, "I'm not perfect. If anything, I'm insecure."
"But who isn't? Just the other day I was thinking 'what if he finds a girl in college'? And 'what if he gets bored being with me'? It's normal, sunshine." I ran my hand through his hair, waiting for a response.

His expression showed that he was confused as he looked over at me, "I would never get bored being with you or find a girl that would be better. You think that?"

I smiled and pointed at him, "See that's exactly how I feel. You shouldn't be worried."
"Neither should you."
"And I won't worry, just as long as you won't."
He sighed in relief before nodding, "Okay."

"Plus," I moved closer to him, straddling his waist as his eyes widened and whispered in his ear, "You think I'd sleep with you if I didn't fully want you? That kind of hurts, River."

I moved my hands onto his shoulders gripping tightly while he spoke, "N-no. That's not- I was just-."
"I thought I already showed you— even this morning— how much I love you."

His cheeks turned slightly red, he was looking at every part of me but my eyes. I started kissing his neck, hearing his breathing grow uneven and feeling his hands grip my waist.

"Lia."
I hummed in acknowledgement, moving down to his collarbone. From the corner of my eye I could see one of his hands move up, gripping the steering wheel while he adjusted himself underneath me.

"We can't." Even I knew he didn't sound like he wanted me to stop, but I did.
"Why not?" My confused expression quickly turned into a smile, "Does where we're going require a time reservation?"
"No."

"Then I don't get why we have to stop. No one's around." He didn't say anything as I pulled the car's hood up and rolled up the two windows.

I went back to my previous position, kissing along his collarbone. My hands moved slowly down his chest and onto his zipper. Quickly tugging it down and unbuttoning his pants, I started towards his boxers just before he gripped my hand.

"Elias is going to kill me if he finds out we had sex in his car."
I stopped and looked up in shock, "This is Elias's car? When we went into his garage they were all race cars."

I recalled Elias bringing me to his garage to see his car collection while River painted. Although I wasn't that into flashy race cars, I had to admit they were really nice. I also recalled him saying he didn't even like using his own cars because he wanted to keep them in the perfect condition. So how the hell did River get not just any car, but a classic car from Elias?

"He kept it in the back with a cover over it. But he specifically said 'River if I find out you were fonduing in my car with that innocent girl, you are a deadman.'"
I arched my eyebrow, "So technically, he's only going to kill you and I'm good?"

"You'll be out of a boyfriend."
"But I'll live."
He tried looking annoyed, but failed before smiling and then laughing before I joined in.

"Well to be continued," I zipped his pants back up and moved away before pulling the hood down again.

He started the car back up again, driving out of the parking lot and off to the surprise destination.