꧁07꧂

IT WAS THE 3RD AND FINAL DAY OF TRAINING, and all I had done was practice with my knives and my targets while Finnick followed me around

IT WAS THE 3RD AND FINAL DAY OF TRAINING, and all I had done was practice with my knives and my targets while Finnick followed me around. I had dabbled more in the combat Finnick taught me, but I was mostly sticking to knives. Finnick was taking the trade between him and Riffian very seriously. Most people stared at me like I was holding a sign on my head that said 'I'm gonna kill you!' It was pathetic how terrified everyone seemed. I threw a few knives and they saw the murder of my brother out of context and suddenly I became scary.

"You should try the moving pixels instead of the targets," Finnick suggested, looking at the room Katniss Everdeen had caused a show in on the first day of training. She shot some arrows and everyone sat around like mesmerized puppies, "Don't think you can take up the challenge?"

I looked up at him and nodded slowly, he smiled and got a strap that you put on your waist that holds countless amounts of knives and passed it to me. I buckled it on like a fanny pack and stuck some knives into the places they were supposed to go.

I saw Finnick turning around towards the room, but I quickly grabbed a trident from the equipment stand. We continued walking, but when he stopped and turned around, I handed him the trident I grabbed. He furrowed his eyebrows and stared at it, "You're going in with me."

He smirked and nodded slowly. He slowly wrapped his fingers around the thin steel stick, but he got a tight grip when he did. I removed my hand, "You know... Only allies fight together."

I turned my hear around and glared at him, "We aren't allies."

"Whatever you say, Gold," he chuckled.

"Ameria," I dictated slowly, tired of hearing him call me by my last name.

He cheekily smiled as I rolled my eyes and pressed the button next to the clear sliding doors that read 'OPEN'.

The sliding doors opened as Finnick put his arm out, signifying that he wanted me to go in first, "After you."

I walked in hesitantly, getting prepared for the fake moving pixilated person to run around the big white room. The moment the door closed, a bunch of orange colored lasers surrounding me and Finnick, as if they were reading us. As soon as the lasers shut off, a yellow person came running across the room, which I threw a knife at quickly, causing the pixels to fall as if the person I killed had died.

Then 4 pixelated people came at once, which gave me immediate stress as I grabbed 4 knives and tossed them individually at the 4 people who ran around me, and then grabbed one more knife and threw it at the pixilated person running towards me.

My wrist was starting to ache as 3 more people came from the walls of the room, running in my direction. I reached for knives but Finnick stood in front of me and stabbed them with his trident.

Honestly, up until that moment I thought tridents involved no skill, but seeing Finnick toss around his trident and flip it in cool ways, I think he changed my mind.