꧁15꧂

LOUD BANGS ECHOED through the night, causing all of us to awake from our sleep

LOUD BANGS ECHOED through the night, causing all of us to awake from our sleep. Finnick was no longer holding me like he was when I fell asleep, he was now sitting on my left, next to Katniss, who spoke about the loud bangs, "I counted 12."

"They make every possible disturbing noise at night," I groaned, sitting up as well.

"12? Midnight?" Finnick asked.

"Or the number of districts," Katniss responded, right as a loud buzzing noise filled the air and 10 loud claps of thunder bolted into a tree that was far from us, making me flinch in panic.

"Well, if you're not gonna sleep, I will," Finnick said, laying back down next to me, but this time he kept his distance as well. I laid back down, our heads facing each other, "You okay, Gold?"

I nodded and gulped, feeling a bit shaken up... Big noises in an arena filled up with 24 people who wanted to murder each other was scarier than it needed to be. Finnick reached over and grabbed my hand before intertwining our fingers. He squeezed my hand and smiled, "Go to sleep.

"RUN!"

Katniss' obnoxiously loud screech made me wake up quickly, along with everyone else. I quickly stood up and widened my eyes at the white cloudly fog approaching us. Katniss continued to yell, "The fog is poison!"

Finnick ran to Mags and bent down so she could get on his back, which she did... Faster than she usually climbed on. I ran in front of Finnick and Mags, still confused about what was going on... My brain was still half asleep as we sprinted.

Riffian was running on my left next to me. I turned my head to see the fog that was getting faster and catching up to Mags and Finnick. I followed Katniss, who was in front of me, quickly widening my eyes as I saw her red, puffy hand that had boils and hives all over it, which I assumed the fog caused.

"Faster!" I yelled, turning to see Finnick and Mags too close to the fog. Peeta, who was in the front of the line, ran quicker, and we all did the same. The fog suddenly approached us from our right, but we dodged it by running to our left.

Suddenly the fog was approaching us from all around us, and Peeta's continuous tripping had me worried. We ran through the trees, and I could feel my skin being nicked by the branches, but I didn't care.

I kept looking behind me to make sure Mags and Finnick were okay, but the sound of a fall made me turn my head back to the front. Katniss was already on the ground, and I saw Peeta taking care of it so I ran in front of them. Mags and Finnick were now on our far right, running as well. Riffian was there, too.

I turned behind me to see Peeta also pained by the fog, and Katniss wasn't strong enough to help him from the pain the fog gave her as well. I muttered all sorts of curse words to myself before running to them.