Chapter 3: The Girl - Spider-Man

Spider-Man POV

She just walked away from me! I was having such a good morning. I thought, wouldn't it be nice to go out for a lovely morning swing, hear the birds sing. But no she just had to ruin my day. I swung over there because I heard punches being thrown. I landed on the roof, and saw the girl's eyes, they were really golden, glance at me before throwing one of the goons on the ground. I was impressed. She couldn't have been older than 14 and she just beat that guy like she did it everyday. Once they ran away, she helped the victim, that's super nice, and then came back for her backpack. I crawled down the side of the wall and came up behind her. She turned around before I even got a step closer. She had to have powers, or at least really good ears. I swung back to Avengers Tower and came in through my open window, changed out of my suit and went to go get breakfast. I walked into the kitchen to find Steve, Natasha, Bruce, Clint and Tony all sitting quietly eating their breakfast.
"Good morning everybody!" They all immediately brightened. There was a chorus of good morning peter's and one good morning kid from Tony. I sat down and got some eggs from the middle of the table.
"How was your swing kid?"
"It was fine Mr. Stark." All the Avengers looked up at him. When he said something was fine and didn't give a big, long exciting explanation something was wrong.
"Alright what's wrong Peter?" Clint asked. "Nothing. I swear." Nat tutted.
"Nope something's wrong Pete. Tell us or no dessert for a week." I gasped.
"A week?" She nodded. I sighed and began the story. "I was on my swing and then I heard some punches, so I went over and found this guy being beat up, I was about to intervene when this girl came she couldn't have been older than 14, and she was all like what do you thing you're doing? And then the two guys were like we're gonna beat you up. And then they started fighting, but the girl made them run away and then she helped the victim to a homeless shelter. When she came back I landed down behind her and she turned around like she knew I was there and I was like, that's kind of like spidey sense. So I asked if she had powers and she said she lived on the streets and that she didn't and then she called me Spider-Moron, and told me to bug someone else. I tried talking to her but she just walked away!" He explained in a whole long, fast rant. All the adults were staring at him.
"Wow ok. A lot to take in." Steve said. "What'd she look like?"
"Well she had dark brown hair, and she had like super golden eyes." They all thought for a moment.
"Ok well if you see her again call us." Tony said. Peter promised he would and went back to his room. He had a lot of homework after all.