Chapter 7: The Girl - Black Widow Part 2

I headed out to find this girl. First I needed to go to Jesse's. It wasn't a far walk and I got there in about 5 minutes. I walked up to the front desk.
"Hey you Jesse?" I asked the teen working at the counter.
"Yeah that's me. What can I help you with?"
"Oh well I was just wondering if a kid came by here today, about 14?" His expression turned guarded.
"Sorry can't help you."
"But I think you can." I looked him in the eye. "I'm not gonna hurt her and you can trust me. I'm an Avenger after all."
He sighed and searched my eyes.
"As long as you promise not to tell anybody, and I mean not even your superhero buddies."
"I won't tell a soul."
"Fine. That was Abby. She's 14 like you said, but that's all the personal stuff I'm gonna give you. You should be able to find her at 5th Street and Harold."
"Thanks Jesse I owe you one."
"Not a soul right?" He asked.
"Not a soul." I answered.

I arrived where Jesse had said. This pace was a dump. There was an alley with at least 5 homeless all whispering in low voices. As soon as they saw me they fled. All except one. I could see her golden eyes shining from the darkness. I saw her fists clench.
"Hey! I was making a deal with them lady!"
"For what?"
"None of you beeswax." I took in her appearance. Hollow face and matted hair. A ratty hoodie and some dirt caked shorts.
"You want some food?" Her face gave a little bit of surprise, then it turned to suspicion.
"I'm going to need your name, job and whether you're here to hit me or not." I narrowed my eyes. She must be homeless. There was a spark of hope in her eyes when I said food, but she was wary, not really trusting me yet. I put up my hands I surrender.
"Natasha Romanoff. Or Black Widow if you want. I'm an Avenger, but I'm sure you knew that, and no I just want to talk." She scoffed.
"Yeah that's what the last guys said." Her head turned a little and I saw a scar the side of a quarter on her temple. And a couple littered in her legs. Geez, what happened to this kid?
"Seriously I just want to talk. Besides there will be food. I'll get you something." I could tell I was waring her down. "By the looks of it, you haven't eaten in a while, and you're close to collapsing." She glared at me. Fire in her golden eyes. Steve was right, she did look like she could do some damage. Then she softened.
"Fine. A couple rules though." I nodded. "No telling your superhero buddies, they stay out of this. Two, you leave your weapons here, and don't even deny it, I know you have them. And three you take me for lunch, nothing else, I pick the food."
"Done done and done. Where are the weapons going?" She made sure no one was her and then she pulled a stray brick out of the crumbling wall. There was something like a vault behind it. I put every single weapon in, I had a feeling that she would know if I kept one. The we started walking.
"You probably want to know some things about me. So I'll tell you. First, my names Abby. Second, I'm homeless, you're not getting the story for that by the way." I shrugged and let her continue. "Three, I've been in the streets since I was twelve. And four, Jesse's my best friend, only at that." We arrived where she had chosen. McDonalds, nice. We walked in to get our food, and I smiled. This girl want so bad after all.