3 - FIGHT BETWEEN LIFE AND THOUGHTS

And Zara suddenly started running towards the corner of the mountain to leave this helpless world with tears shedding like rain. She was ready to jump without any thought and Farrah ran behind her and pulled her back and at once Zara fainted.

Time ran very fast and while she woke up, she found herself lying in one corner of her bed in her home. She couldn't raise her arm because of the burn on her hand. She saw her hand was treated and bundled. Yes, Meesha and Zara were sisters, and she was brought up by Meesha's parents. She has been continuously sleeping for a day and it was already noon. She could hear moaning sounds from the living room. She stepped forward to the noise and she could see a glassy icebox and inside it, she saw her frozen Meesha lying like a soulless doll. Zara crouched over a corner pillar and solidified like a rock.

Farrah and Hazel were crying near Meesha. Her parents saw Zara and avoided her. After Meesha's funeral, Father went near Zara with a rage of anger and pain.

"You are the one who initiated this shit trip, you said you'll take care of my child, where is she now? Tell me", stormed father.

Zara just stood like a statue saying nothing. Hazel and Farrah tried to explain.

"Shut up... whatever it is... you all said that you saved many people, then how come you failed to protect your friend, my child would have been in great pain", sobbing father.

Mother was also struggling to calm her father but the situation made her lose the words.

"Leave everyone, Zara..., you guys take her with you and never come back to see us or to attend any rituals of my child... If you are coming... come along with my child", broken father.

Farrah and Hazel brought Zara to the hostel. Their happiness, cheers, peace, everything shattered after the loss of their friend. They couldn't smile or even console each other. They were blaming themselves and no one believed them that this tragedy happened while saving people from fire and also there is no single news about the volunteers rescuing, the news was all only about the police and firefighters. Parents were assuming that Meesha's death might be an accident during risk plays of their own, to cover this and afraid of being hated, they were falsifying. 

With loads of regret that they couldn't prove anything, sadness, hatred of not being helped, and loss of their friend. They could just sit solidly still on their bed in the hostel.

Hazel came to their room and said to Zara," It's okay, don't feel bad about what father told you... ".

"Anyway, I'm just an adopted one", broke down Zara.

"No! You're not", hugged Hazel.

Farrah watched them with the sight of 'how could all this happen' and saddened deep down the heart.

It was June 16, already a month passed with silence and sorrow. All these past days, Zara hated and blamed herself non-vocally and lived all alone by zipping her mouth and only Meesha's words and father's words were running throughout her mind. Zara was weakening, Even Farrah and Hazel too couldn't talk properly. They all got severely struck dumb themselves.

The 3rd semester is going to begin the next day. They all were still the same as before. Zara was not ready to attend college and is scared more than ever.

Zara, Hazel, and Farrah strode to college, they did not communicate with each other so often, some students came over to them and showed their condolences to them for their loss. When going to the canteen, some of them teased, "Look the four pearls turned to three idiots", and giggled.

Hazel cried easily and Zara was statued.

"Look at her, she has turned into a crying fat baby", pestered Riza from the Electrical department of 3rd year.