The house

We turn the corner and find a lone zombie limping along the road. His hair matted with blood and his clothes torn showing many teeth marks. I aim my rifle and pull the trigger. His head explodes and his body become lifeless and falls the ground.

Theo picks the lock of a house and opens the door. I raise my eyebrows at him. "I learnt it when I was younger. In a bad crowd kind of thing." I nod and go further into the house. The kitchen covered in dust. The living room empty but only consisting of a sofa bed left out and a bunch of blankets and pillows piled on top of a small chair. I go through the blankets and pillows. All seem quite decent except from one pillow that had a few stains on.

"I guess I'm sleeping on the floor then." I turn round and see Theo looking at the sofa bed. "Where did you go?" He points upstairs and I nod at him. I didn't think of checking whether there were any of the living dead in the house. "I don't mind sharing but don't touch me. Also, if you snore then you're definitely getting kicked out and you can spend the night with your new friend, Dirty Pillow."

He lies down on the left so I take the right. He turns away so that his back is facing me. I do the same. Didn't want to see his stupid face before I go sleep anyway. It's quiet except for a quiet shuffling from outside. A little groan and it goes quiet again. Then I hear another noise. Sounds like crying, muffled but still can be clearly heard. I nudge Theo. "Hey do you hear that?" When he doesn't respond, I pull him so that he's lying on his back. His cheeks wet and his eyes are looking straight ahead. "Yeah I hear it."

I sit beside him and open the bottle of coke. He takes a sip and passes me the bottle back. "What's wrong Theo?" He shakes his head. I take his hand in mine. I look straight into his eyes. He takes in a deep breath. "Ok."