5 years later

I watch as my date gets up and leave. I use the straw to stir at my drink. The pub is packed which is typical but still slightly weird for 5pm on a Wednesday night. Lucky for my date, I have the rest of the week off so I can mope around for a few days. I've been on many dates but I keep comparing them all to a certain guy who had definitely changed my life for ever.

It was so long ago but America is still infested with the living dead. They stopped planes running after a month. Supposedly, they had found every survivor and brought them to England. I always wonder whether they brought the two guys who I ran with.

I look at my phone and wonder what's taking my date so long. A guy behind me orders a beer and a vodka lemonade. "Hey." I turn around and see two guys.

One has jet black hair and a little bit of stubble. Smiling. The other, who I assumed said hey, has a dark golden curly mop on top of his head and the most gorgeous chocolate brown eyes. I stare at them both. My date returns and seems to be annoyed that I've attracted these two good looking men.

I grab them both and try to get my arms round both of them. "How did you guys find me?" Joe smiles, "there's this thing called social media, duh." Theo's eyes stuck on me. Joe quickly nudges him. "Oh yeah. Um, I took the light saber you know." Joe smacks his arm. "And I have something for you." He pulls out the orange teddy bear and the ruby ring. "How?" He shrugs. "You're just not very observant, stupid idiot." He smiles at that and hands me the stuff. I place the bear in my bag and slip the ring on my finger. "I guess I'm not." My date tries to but in, telling me we should go. "Maybe you should go and leave this beautiful woman alone." I look at my date and he leaves, not speaking a word yet his face said it all.

"Were you really going to settle for that?" I punch Theo. "You could've told me you guys were in England. I deliberately posted a photo of me and my brother so you guys would know I was here." Joe crosses his arms, " yeah we know. We actually live a few doors down from you. We see you everyday. And your brother knew. We weren't always living there. We moved a month ago and then Theo recognised you. Still the most beautiful person, in his exact words." Theo turns a light shade of red. He takes my hand. "Joe stop rambling man. And this guy has a boyfriend. And I've been on a few dates."

"Same."

"But no one compares to you."

I look at him. I see him now as I saw him then. Perfection. I lean in and press my lips against his. When we part, Joe does a little squeal. "Really ruined the moment there Joe." He looks at us apologetically. Then a thought pops into my head. "You know the offer still stands." They both look at me confused.

"I still think we should kill Joe."