Crepuscular Lullaby - 4

Sephia took a crying Alondra to the throne room, there were two crystal statues, a dog, and a centipede, so to speak. There were two human size platforms in front of the throne and between them a crystal ring covered with naked wire rolled up around it. In a corner, there was a sumptuous oak four-poster bed with gems in its columns and thick black lace curtains. There was a mild putrescence smell coming from the bed. Sephia took Alondra closer to the bed and opened a curtain. A stench of perfume and decomposition slapped Alondra's face and Queen Carmina slowly incorporated towards her, wearing a black silk camisole. Her red curly hair was straw and meager, her skin was white with green shades and dark veins showing in all its extension, her eyes were nearly black, and her nails had fallen, leaving deformed and wrinkled fingers in her hands. She smiled at the girl and her rotten, dark blue teeth and fangs showed up to Alondra's terrified eyes. The girl screamed in horror and Sephia closed the curtain. She touched the girl's forehead and she fell asleep.

"Dress her up, darling."

Sephia took Alondra's harlequin costume off and dressed her with a black lace gown, a little big for her size. Then laid her on the platform further from the room's entrance.

"At midnight?"

"Yes, midnight will be perfect, I'll sleep until then."