Chapter 18

Spencer pulled me from the room after I set the boy down on his temporary bed. The doctor had to set up some stuff so he could get some more blood into him that has the nessary nutrition that he needs.

We halted to a stop outside of the house in the trees. He spun around at me and shoves me into a tree.

"What we're you thinking. You just fed a vampire for the first time. Now he is going to think that you are his mother, and you are not his mother. What are you trying to do, steal the alphas son." I gasp in shock about what he was saying . Stealing my mates brother. Yeah that's not happening.

"Did you forget that that little boy is technically my little brother, and that is no way am I ready to be a mother . If you guys didn't take an hour just to find 6 pints of blood then maybe I would have been able to prevent this from happening. Do you seriously think that I am ready to have a child anyway. I would have it for a week before I died somehow. Trust me I would know." I snap at him. My eyes widdened when I noticed what I accidently said. I looked into his eyes and saw the same surprise in his eyes.

"What's that suppose to mean Erika. Have you been pregnant before." I scoff at him . I have never had sex before Aled so there is no way I have ever been pregnant.

"Do you ever get the urge to protect Cade, Spencer ." He hesitantly nods his head . I absently nod mine too.

"Me too, alot actually. When they first attacked us. When I first saw him in that tree shaking and scared looking at me with his big eyes. There isn't a thing I wouldn't do to keep him safe. And there isn't a thing I wouldn't do for that baby either. When he started crying I knew he needed food. He had been surviving for 7 months on little bits of blood . Not wanting to harm his mother or his sisters. He is strong and he just reminded me of a baby that I use to know before I came here. Alot of babies that I knew from before I left."

I feel tears trickling down my cheeks and Spencer pulls me into a hug. Someday, someday soon I will go back for them. Hopefully soon.

" Everyone dumped there kids on me that they didn't want. A girl who gave birth, but it wasn't her mates baby, but just a fling. An older couple who couldn't afford another child. They set them all on my. I was only 10 when it started. I had no idea how to take care of a baby, and nobody wanted to help me. It got better though. All of them managed to survive, but one. His name was Gabe,  he was just born hours ago when they gave him to me. He didn't even make it 3 days before he died. He died because he suffocated from his blanket covering his mouth. I killed a baby because I didn't check his swaddle. I failed him. He was the last one I got before I came here. He would be over 5 months old now. But when I saw that baby in there, with his eyes just like Gabe's . I just saw Gabe in him. I wanted to protect him when I failed Gabe ."

"I'm sure if Gabe could talk he wouldn't blame you. I'm sure he would like to thank you." Spencer whispered into my ear.

I just continued to cry into his chest.  I don't remember when I fell asleep, but when I woke up Spencer was still holding me while sitting against a tree.

"I've been thinking" Spencer whispered from above me. "That's never good." I teased him. I saw a smile trace his lips before it dissapeared and he became serious again.

"How many kids did you take care of, and how old were they?" I think about his question before answering.

"There were 3 boys and 2 girls, not including Gabe . There was Nick, he should be 7, and Seth  should be 3, and Noah is 2. Then Evie is 4, and Anna 5. Why?"

"Because we are going to get them."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Spencer we can't what if they come when we are gone . This could take up to 3 days of travel." I try to reason to him, he didn't seem to be buying it though.

"Our spies around his compound said that nobody had left. That means we have at least 2 days. And we don't know, they might leave tomorrow, which we give us the perfect amount of time to get there and back. Besides , we aren't taking Cade . If they do come he could tell us through his link. Then hold them off until we get there. It will work Eri , trust me."

His eyes look bright and full of desire. With one look into his eyes I knew he has made a reason to go for all the reason I can think that we can't . I finally relent into his 'master plan'.

"Fine but I want to at least write Aled a note to say I am okay."

"That's totally fine, just don't tell him about where we are going. Knowing him he would and come find us ruining the whole thing." I nod before running back to the house.

I sneak in and write a note. I keep it vague so that he can't find us. I left it on my door so that anyone walking by would see it and give it to him. Hopefully .

I just hope he doesn't get to mad. This is a good choice.