Alexander groans and tries to open his heavy eyes until he feels something soft wiggle in his arms

Alexander groans and tries to open his heavy eyes until he feels something soft wiggle in his arms. Slowly he looks down and finds a sleeping witch with deep frowns on her face. I must be dead already and in heaven. Lucine seems bothered in her sleep and it worries him.

He recalls how she fell asleep on his chest in the office and carried her to his room. She looked tired last night and it was actually a good thing because this morning he finally knows how it feels to have her in his arms when he wakes up. Alexander caresses her cheek and his thumb moves to calm her frowns.

Is she alright?’ Acheron moves restlessly inside him.
Bad dream, I guess.’ Alexander keeps caressing her, and her eyes slowly fluttering open like a butterfly. Golden streaks on her eyes glints from his touch, and those sleepy eyes look at his chest then moves up slowly to his chin, then to his face. To his surprise, she looks at him like she's not quite sure how come they are in this state, until realization surface upon her.

Lucine gasps and her head moves around, looking at the familiar place. She looks back at him in panic.
"Where am I?"
"Good morning, love." greets Alexander with a chuckle. Her messy hair looks funny and beautiful at the same time yet still amazed him how her hair dimly glittering like that.

Lucine looks down at the same clothes she wore last night and glances at Alexander's naked chest which covered in tattoos.
"Hope something?" Alexander raised an eyebrow with a smirk, and Lucine just rolls her eyes. She shifts herself to get out of bed but stop midway because Alexander's arm hooks her and brings her back to his chest. "Where are you going?"
Once again, Lucine rolls her eyes in disbelief, "Home. This is so inappropriate, Alex."
"That's not how you thought last night when I was on top of you in the office." Tease Alexander, grinning at her. And Lucine feels the heat on her face, and butterflies in her stomach betrayed her.
"Stop that, will you?" Lucine grumbles but can't help her eyes when it darts to tattoos on his body.
"And why is that?" Alexander motions his arm on her slender waist, brings her closer, to feel her even more. "You are my mate. I don't see anything wrong doing, your so-called "inappropriate" things, together"

Lucine scoffs and lets Alexander stroking her naked shoulder. Everything feels new and it makes her feels awkward. She's never been intimate to anyone and suddenly there's this werewolf came into her life a whirlwind. They both absorb a moment of comfort, possessiveness, a sense of belongings, warmth, and something deeper which they both know they're still not quite sure yet if it's only because of the mate's bond or something else.
"You haven't answered my offer, Luce." Alexander decided to call her by short name, it just sounds right.
Lucine touches his chest and her finger trace the line on one of his tattoos. She doesn't say a word for a moment, picking her words.
"It's actually a "yes". But it's also for something else. Just like I said last night, something is coming, it's evil."
"About that…" Alexander swifts himself to move above Lucine and his form is towering her. He grins when her eyes widen in surprise and glad she is not sending him flying. "We can discuss it later in the office. It is something concerning indeed. But first…" he sets himself and lowers his head until their nose almost touch. "Can I get my morning kiss?"
Lucine gapes and without waiting for her answer, he crushes his lips to hers. The waves of hunger and desperation flow between them. His lips searching for her, still not enough. He is greedy and when her lips parted, he wastes no time as his tongue slid in to meet hers. Their tongues dance like through the flames under the summer's morning. It feels so right as his firm hands start its own adventure along her arms, bring them to drapes his neck. Without hesitation, Lucine pulls him closer to taste his fierce lips even more.