Chapter 58-Anniversary

Leona's POV
"Happy one year!" I exclaimed, shaking Freya awake.

She groaned loudly, shoving my hands away. I ignored it and repeated her name several times until she finally woke up, albeit in a rather bad mood. At least until it hit her that it was her anniversary today.

"Shit, it's our anniversary."

I rolled my eyes. "That's what I've been saying."

She kissed me, I grimaced at her morning breath but reciprocated. "You want me to brush my teeth, don't you?"

I nodded with a grimace. "Yes."

She giggled. "I'll go do that."

Freya went into the bathroom to get ready. She brushed her teeth, took a quick shower, and got dressed before returning. I pressed my lips against hers immediately. She made an improving sound so I deepened the kiss, pushing her against the wall. Freya slid her arms around my neck and I smiled into the kiss.

I pushed away from her, breathing heavily, my forehead still resting on hers. She cupped my cheek to plant a quick kiss on my lips. Fuck, I was happy. Freya moved away from me and glanced back to grin at me before walking into the kitchen. However, I realized I had a surprise planned for her in there, so in an attempt to stop her from going in there I jumped on top of her back and covered her eyes. She tried prying my hands away but failed.

"I've got a surprise in there. I'll tell you when you're allowed to look."

"Are you going to get off my back?"

"No."

"Fine. Navigate me then."

"Open the door and walk like three steps, then stop," I instructed her.

She did as she was told. Opening the door and taking exactly three steps before stopping. I removed my hands from her eyes and told her she could look. She gasped when she saw what I had prepared. Everything from pancakes to scrambled eggs were available on the table. A bouquet of tulips was positioned in the middle of the table. On top of the cabinets was a 'one-year' banner.

I'd asked my roommates for permission and they were happy to help. Maybe it was too much but I was a hopeless romantic, I wanted to make it special. I'd gone all out and this had only been the beginning.

"I love it," she said, embracing me tightly.

"I'm glad."

"God, this is making my mouth water. Let's eat."

"Of course, go ahead."

We ate up and then I told her to put on something warm for my next plans. She did as she was told and met me outside wearing a coat, some gloves, and a beanie. I gave her a thumbs-up and we drove.

She instantly smiled when she saw what I had planned. "Ice skating?"

"Yeah, do you like it?"

"Of course. I used to do ice skating when I was younger, hopefully I still got a few tricks up my sleeve."

I beamed. "Let's see."

We rented some ice skates and slid onto the ice. I almost tripped but Freya caught me before I could. It'd had been quite a while since I'd last been ice skating but I doubted it would take me long to get the hang of it again.