Chapter 71-Control

Third POV

*talk about trauma and brief mentions of suicidal thoughts*

"What are you doing here?"

Rowan took a step forward and Freya backed away, now wanting to be near him. He rank of alcohol and Freya thought she could smell a hint of weed in there too. Behind them, Micaela was shooting daggers at him with her eyes and Cameron was standing uncomfortably behind her.

"I wanted to speak to you. I've been calling you."

She scowled. "I made it clear I didn't want to talk to you. Is that so hard to comprehend?"

A look of discouragement etched itself on his face, but the alcohol gave him the confidence to back down. He tried to place a hand on her shoulder but she yanked away.

"What do you think you'll accomplish here?" Micaela chimed in.

"It's not, it's not right."

"Get out," Freya yelled, pointing at the door.

"We were supposed to be married, until you, until you, turned gay. It's all her fucking fault."

That wasn't how it worked, however, Freya didn't have the time to explain that. "What's gotten into you? It's been five years and all of a sudden you're obsessed with me because your girlfriend broke up with you. You're seeking solitude, you don't love me. So now, leave, so I can marry someone I do love."

Hurt flashed across his face. "That's not true."

"If you don't leave, I'll have to call security."

That was a fib, she didn't have any security but she did have friends who would stick up for her if she needed them to.

"No, you won't."

"Leave and don't contact me or I'll file a restraining order on you."

"Restraining order?" He huffed. "For what?"

"Get the fuck out," Micaela spat.

Her friends were mad too now, especially Micaela who was fuming.

"Please, Freya, please. I'm so sorry."

She sighed, rubbing her temples. "Please what? I'm getting married in twenty minutes and I'm not letting you ruin my day."

"Don't marry her."

"You're acting insane," Freya countered, resting her forehead on her fingers. "What's gotten into you? This isn't like you."

"It's been a rough few months."

"And I'm sorry for that, Rowan. But I can't help so don't be selfish and let me enjoy my wedding day in peace, all right?"

"I wish we could go back to how it was in the beginning of our relationship, when everything was fine."

"Are you stupid? Are you actually stupid?" Micaela shouted and Rowan flinched in shock at her tone.

Cameron placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down but she pushed it away, appearing angrier than Freya, who tried to remain calm. Even Elora was on the verge of losing it, despite avoiding conflict at all costs, especially with people older than her.