Chapter 80-Knowing

Freya's POV
I checked my watch, noting that Wren and Dimitri would be coming in a matter of minutes. Leona had been in the bathroom for quite a while now. Concerned, I stood up and walked to the bathroom, knocking gently ok it and calling out her name. The door was unlocked so I announced I was coming in.

The first thing I saw was Leona hunched over the toilet. I instantly went to her side, rubbing her back soothingly. She closed the lid and stood up to wash her hands and brush her teeth.

"How are you feeling? Should I tell Wren they can't come?"

She immediately shook her head. "No, no, don't. They'll be here soon so it's too late for that and I know you want to see them."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's just this pregnancy, I feel like shit."

"I'm sorry, I wish there was something I could do."

She smiled kindly at me, cupping my cheek with one hand. "It's not your fault."

The doorbell rang. She told me to go get it and that she would be right out so with a dubious agreement I wandered out of the bathroom to the living room. Wren was wearing a beam when I opened it. He pulled me in for a hug, then kept me at arms-length to take me in.

"It's so great to see you," he said.

My lips tugged up and I beckoned him in. "I've missed you too," I replied when he was inside.

He hung his jacket on the coat racket, then went in for yet another hug, squeezing me a little tighter this time. I chuckled and embraced him back.

"Where's that wife of yours? It's been months since you got married and I haven't met her once since. It's disgraceful."

"I could ask the same about your husband."

"Oh, that slow guy? He's trying to find a parking slot."

I laughed. "And you didn't bother waiting for him?"

"No, why would I?"

As if on cue, Dimitri peeked his head through the open door, waving at the two of us. He stepped inside when I told him to and like Wren, hung up his jacket. I saw he was carrying a bottle of wine and thanked him when he gave me it, setting it down on the kitchen counter.

"It's nice to see you again, Dimitri."

"It's nice to see you again, too, Freya. We really should meet more often."

Dimitri was a busy man so I very rarely did see him. Because of this, I didn't know him too well. However, he was a kind man and perfect for my uncle and that was all I needed to know. Regardless, it was always nice to see him.

"Agreed. And thank you again for the wine."

Knowing Leona wouldn't be able to drink it, I felt bad. Wren did not yet know since we'd just started telling people. Leona was twelve weeks along so her second trimester was about to start. She hadn't been feeling great but was trying to remain positive.

"Now, where is Leona?" Wren asked again, searching the room as if she was hiding somewhere.

"Definitely not under the couch," I teased when he checked under it.